PDA

View Full Version : Stealing a valver?

Ingram11
08-12-2006, 02:02
one of the local nob heads and his little crew have threatend to my mate tht they were 'AVIN' My valver?its got a one of them steering locks,standard alarm and laserline immobaliser,and its on cctv,lol r they easy to nick standard?never herd of one bin stolen?im on a paranoya now tho lol,cheers lads

Jimmie1.4RT
08-12-2006, 02:10
They're easy to get into without doing damage, but immobolisers arn't too easy though. The 'lack of common sense' french wiring works in the Clio's favour! :lol:

Wouldn't loose too much sleep mate, you seem to have most things covered. :)

MatBrown
08-12-2006, 02:25
PM'd.

Mat.

Ingram11
08-12-2006, 02:35
thanks fr the pm,the immobaliser seems to be a good one,its 1 where u stab a fob type thing on to a circle near switches,i hope nothing happens,if they was going to tae it they wudnt hav sed they were?and also they wud much rather steal a fiester 1.1 tapper with no security at all,still pisses me off that wan*ers like that walk the streets,

summeh
08-12-2006, 03:11
When i used to live in Hull, I always took the king lead off every time I left the car. It was broken in to 3 times in a year, they never got it going though, hehe, wonder why 8)

POWARTEK
08-12-2006, 03:41
you could have nipped the prob in the bud if you just twated the little shitbag there an then.

seanofnp
08-12-2006, 05:08
Tell em youll steal their grandmother in as a counter action if it happens.

cliokiz
08-12-2006, 08:12
They're very easy to get into, all they need to do is bend the top corner of the door open and pull the lock up from inside. That's what they did to mine, and destroyed my door doing it.

Not sure how they would go about hotwiring it though, mine has an immobiliser and a toad alarm but i'm sure they would probably bypass it somehow by messing with wires, either that or fry your ECU.

Just get a detatchable steering wheel, even if they did get it running they'd have trouble steering it!

A funny thing to do would be to hook up an air horn on the inside of the car which would be attached to the main alarm, so if they did get inside the car they'd probably shit themselves and do a runner...

bluenose
08-12-2006, 10:35
CENSORSHIP! (Summeh: People probably know this but we don't really want to advertise methods for breaking in to our clios).

Would be an idea to make sure the alarms hooked up to the door's! Dont really know a fat lot about immobilisers tbh so cant help you there.

J o n
08-12-2006, 11:12
hate thiefs, little pikey scumbags! this is why I spent so much on car security, tracker and anti-hijack are good piece of mind!

summeh
08-12-2006, 14:18
Also why mines fitted with a thatcham cat 1 alarm+immob. Although down here isn't half as bad as up north! :wink:

seanofnp
08-12-2006, 14:28
Mines got anti-hijack etc, area proximity sensors... if someone goes near it, "BLEEEEEEEEEEP". But when im asleep im dead to the world.

Remove the battery at night and bring it in the house?
But then your alarm is pointless! hehe! Although often, the last setting will apply if im correct, so immobiliser on, then remove battery, no way to get it off untill power comes on then you gotta get it off anyway! :)

bluenose
08-12-2006, 14:50
CENSORSHIP! (Summeh: People probably know this but we don't really want to advertise methods for breaking in to our clios).

Would be an idea to make sure the alarms hooked up to the door's! Dont really know a fat lot about immobilisers tbh so cant help you there.

:oops:

cliokiz
08-12-2006, 15:21
To be honest if someone really wants to take a car, they will, doesn't really matter what security you have.

Best thing to do really is just make it as undesireable as possible, leave nothing on show, leave locks on the steering wheel, handbrake, gearstick, clutch, etc so they can see they will have a struggle stealing the car.

Then they'll realise the only thing they can do is break in to steal something, but if there's nothing on show (and as long as someone hasn't told them what you keep in there), the chances are they won't risk getting caught by the police...

Andyvalver
08-12-2006, 16:14
Tbh mate id be more worried about it being damaged by them but not stolen. Your average chav can steal a car but i doubt very much they will be able to disarm the immobilser, its too risky as its time consuming anyway.

Keep your keys away from the door/ letterbox/windows ect.. Immobiliser is pointless if they have the keys!!

But, if it does go missing in the night at least you know who's house to go burn down after :twisted:

DaveH
08-12-2006, 19:27
^^ i'll second that. Once my neighbour knocked us up at about 1.00 AM because the car was on fire! It was my brothers Mk1 xr2 and it had a snap off steering wheel (inside the house) so the local thieves thought if i cant have it you cant and sprayed lighter fluid on the front grill and set it alight. Luckily he had an extinguisher in the car but it still ruined the bonnet/bumper/grill. I live in a nice area as you can tell lol.

Also weve had a few salesmen at work had their house broken into and been threatened with knives etc for the keys to TT's and RS6's as they know theyre not clever enough to bypass modern immobiliser systems.

It just goes to show that if they want a car enough theyll get it but as its only a couple of disease ridden p*ss-holes and not skilled thiefs then they wont be able to take your car mate!

Foz
09-12-2006, 01:06
Yeah they are tossers, its shit livin where we do aint it ingram lad

Ingram11
09-12-2006, 01:37
2 right,lol,got more probs now tho,tha b*sted car,pi**es me off!!!

Ingram11
09-12-2006, 01:39
2 right,lol,got more probs now tho,tha b*sted car,pi**es me off!!!

feel free to view,i need al advise i can get

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=193847#193847