PDA

View Full Version : Best sounding aftermarket exhaust for willy engine?

cliokiz
07-12-2006, 23:29
Just had a willy 3 engine put in my valver, on 74k, however the K-Tec exhaust i have on there is now far too loud and is almost unbearable at high speed.

Can anyone recommend a decent exhaust system i can pick up that will sound nice? I like the way my current exhaust splutters and pops so don't really want to loose that sound, just don't want the raspy noise mine makes at the moment. Preferably something that doesn't make your head vibrate at high speed!

Don't mind a fair bit of noise as i like people to know i'm coming but something quieter than what i've got now!

Cheers for any suggestions..

Also, let me know if you've got anything decent for sale!

Heard Mongoose systems are good but just want your suggestions!

FATBOY
08-12-2006, 11:17
DEVIL :twisted:

wazza16v
08-12-2006, 11:49
Just had a willy 3 engine put in my valver, on 74k, however the K-Tec exhaust i have on there is now far too loud and is almost unbearable at high speed.

Can anyone recommend a decent exhaust system i can pick up that will sound nice? I like the way my current exhaust splutters and pops so don't really want to loose that sound, just don't want the raspy noise mine makes at the moment. Preferably something that doesn't make your head vibrate at high speed!

Don't mind a fair bit of noise as i like people to know i'm coming but something quieter than what i've got now!

Cheers for any suggestions..

Also, let me know if you've got anything decent for sale!

Heard Mongoose systems are good but just want your suggestions!

scorpion are good mate and i have one for sale too for 100.00

FATBOY
08-12-2006, 11:53
bargain! ^^^^^^^^^^ heard good things about scorpion systems

FlamingMonkey
08-12-2006, 13:50
Magnex

matt uk
08-12-2006, 13:56
i have a scorpion backbox and a powerflow backbox for sale £40 each

VIPERONE
08-12-2006, 14:01
mongoose/magnex

VIPERONE
08-12-2006, 14:01
in fact standard

stew
08-12-2006, 14:16
devil any day of the week

shame :cry:

cliokiz
08-12-2006, 15:41
Anyone got any videos/sound recordings of their willy zorsts?

Don't want a standard exhaust as i'm not really a fan of them..

evouk
08-12-2006, 17:21
Hope you dont mind me adding to this thread chap,

im going to need a new exhaust soon to replace my race exhaust on the clio cup mk1.

Anyone reccomend a good one that will pas 96 db???

arj256
08-12-2006, 17:36
DEVIL :twisted:

Aye they sound real good 8)

Foz
09-12-2006, 01:09
get a custom one lad, exhaustsuk will make them to any sort of noise you want for about £150 for a backbox. lifetime guarentee aswell :D

Ali
09-12-2006, 19:51
get a custom one lad, exhaustsuk will make them to any sort of noise you want for about £150 for a backbox. lifetime guarentee aswell :D

PMSL! Possibly the worst welds/quality known to man! Hence the price.

edde
10-12-2006, 00:08
I think Scorpian exhaust are all junk personally.

motormadj
10-12-2006, 00:30
devil....had one and loved it.. popped and spluttered. :lol:

Foz
10-12-2006, 03:10
Cant be that shit if they offer lifetime guarentee can they? lol

jay s
10-12-2006, 12:35
got a mongoose on mine which i think sounds good, rattles a little in the vid but ive sorted that now :D http://videos.streetfire.net/video/acbbafda-ab4d-4dd3-955f-d35e8f18de71.htm

devil also sound the bollox, well fatboys did on the way back from hillpower last year :twisted:

Andy P
10-12-2006, 12:44
Mongoose is a nice tone.

Scorpian is a good system too, bargain at £100

Martin
10-12-2006, 16:06
mongoose

donsrno1
10-12-2006, 19:09
Has anyone got a video of a devil exhaust? I've still not heard one.

stew
10-12-2006, 19:32
i do.

just uploading now.

susperprint manifold and devil exhaust!

Illusion
10-12-2006, 19:32
Has anyone got a video of a devil exhaust? I've still not heard one.

http://www.dj-illusion.co.uk/V3/

My first 2 Video clips are with the Devil system.

Ian

stew
10-12-2006, 19:51
heres mine.

http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j85/stew_punk/?action=view&current=StewClioExhaustTone1.flv

shame i dont have it anymore...but onwards and upwards i suppose! :wink:

cliokiz
10-12-2006, 21:16
Well it sounds to me that either Mongoose or Devil is what i'm after. I love the way my valver used to pop and splutter with the K-Tec exhaust so by the sounds of things the Mongoose and Devil systems still do that.

Would it be better going for the full system, or should i just get a back box and have it welded on to my existing S/S pipe?

Anyone got any clips of their cars being driven with either a Mongoose or a Devil, not just idling?

And finally, anyone got one for sale??

Cheers!! :lol:

Illusion
10-12-2006, 22:38
Anyone got any clips of their cars being driven with either a Mongoose or a Devil, not just idling?

And finally, anyone got one for sale??

Cheers!! :lol:

http://www.dj-illusion.co.uk/php-cgi/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=139 :wink:

snowman
11-12-2006, 11:15
Got a Scorpion fitted on mine,happy as larry with it,nice and quiet in traffic but with deepness to it,only gives a nice roar when you boot it :D

cliokiz
11-12-2006, 15:52
Sounds good!

Need clips to help me decide though..

Ian have you still got that devil exhaust from your old willy or have you got rid of it? Also, did you manage to get the struts off it yet?

Need to hear a clip of a mongoose so post a link if you have got one! A clip of the scorpion exhaust would be good too.

Thanks.

J o n
11-12-2006, 16:07
Northy's blue flame is the perfect compromise imo, quiet and non boomy until your giving it death. Like my powerflow on my 17poo now, quiet and almost silent on the motorway, but hit the high revs and it turns into an animal :twisted:

2 lives powerflow is of exceptional quality too and has an amazing noise and produces the best looking flames and loudest pops I've seen

cliokiz
11-12-2006, 21:28
Where can you pick those beasts up from?

cliolord
11-12-2006, 23:53
i have a mongoose. Sounds nice when i'm really giving it some abuse but it knocks over bumps on the torsion bar :roll:

Laine_16v
12-12-2006, 11:59
I find the mongoose knocks on the hanger just before the back box, mines well clear of the torsion bar

wazza16v
12-12-2006, 12:08
mine fits without any banging, and they sound so good, i might put on my induction kit to make it sound a bit better :D

cliokiz
12-12-2006, 12:32
Someone sell me one!

I'm getting so sick of my K-Tec dustbin on mine, i find it too embarrasing to put my foot down at the minute because it just makes the most awful noise ever :(

Imperial_16v
12-12-2006, 13:02
Just to throw a spanner into the works, I have the Magnex system on my Valver, came with the car. My first impressions, well let me explain.

I used to drive a 1.4RT with an Ashley Exhaust System (inc. a silent de-cat) and my word what a unique sound that was. Most people would hate it saying "it's far too loud" and I agree it was loud, but only above 3.5k rpm. So when driven sensibly it was a lovely sound. It was a very very deep note but popped and spitted just on idle! Very rally slag!

So after buying the Valver, at first I was like "where's the exhaust?!" as compared to the Ashley Competition System it was much much quieter.

However, I've found that the Magnex is actually nice to drive through towns and shopping centre's. If a bit on the quiet side for my liking, however, when you boot it over 4k rpm what a sound. It's so refined and not boomy like my old system yet it's kind of like music to my ears, and I can't get enough of it!

So, I would try and get a clip on my mobile phone for you but it's very windy outside and so all you'd hear would be the wind noise and not the exhaust! :(

But I am tempted to swap it over for the Mongoose System and see how that goes as the Magnex is a 3" round tail which to me, is slightly too small to fill the recess. 3.5" is perfect!

Just my thoughts, I know it probably hasn't helped, but I would suggest giving the Magnex a thought.

cliokiz
13-12-2006, 00:31
Sounds good! Need to hear some clips though..!

Imperial_16v
13-12-2006, 19:16
Sounds good! Need to hear some clips though..!

I'll try and get one in the next few days when the weather stops being sh*te. lol. :lol:

Imperial_16v
14-12-2006, 17:17
Here's the best I could do (with me dad filming :lol: )

Click here (http://media.putfile.com/Magnex-Exhaust-16v) (.3g2 format so it requires Quicktime to playback)

Will need to have speakers turned up as well. ;)

I just noticed some bluey smoke come out when I rev'd it hard... :shock: that can't be good!!

Thanks.

cliokiz
14-12-2006, 19:33
Nice one! Cheers mate!

Lmao at "Alreet??" at the end! :lol:

Sounds good, didn't see the blue smoke you were on about though.

Still haven't heard a mongoose, everyone keeps telling me they're the shizzle!

Need a vid of you driving past and putting your foot down, that's where its at!

Imperial_16v
14-12-2006, 19:47
Nice one! Cheers mate!

Lmao at "Alreet??" at the end! :lol:

Sounds good, didn't see the blue smoke you were on about though.

Still haven't heard a mongoose, everyone keeps telling me they're the shizzle!

Need a vid of you driving past and putting your foot down, that's where its at!

Lol cheers mate, sorry about the quality I would really really love just a cheap Digicam to record stupid stuff like this, would come in handy know what I mean!

I do have a video of my Ashley Exhaust, so I'll try and get one of the Valver next week if I can. It's all good fun!