PDA

View Full Version : What would u do about a dodgy MOT

rt_blackpool
06-12-2006, 11:25
Back in July i took my valver for its MOT + oil and filter change, it failed on a few things (bit of sil rust and a few other non major things) which were fixed at the garage. since then its pretty much been sorn'd in my back garden and done prob less than 20 miles since the MOT.

however......i knew when i took it to the garage it had a slightly eratic idle problem but the few days leading up to the MOT and the 5 or 10 minuet drive to the place it was perfect and pulled nicley.
i went to pick it up the next day and it was virtually undriveable, and stalled its self twice outside the garage and about another 4 or 5 times on the way back home. i presumed it was because the petrol tank was empty and running on fumes, so i stuck £20 in a only just got it home.
it turned out to be a knakered TPS, but im sure it couldnt have passed an MOT in that condition, also i think at least 2 of the tyres are ilegal.

What would you have done/would do in this situation?

FATBOY
06-12-2006, 11:57
from what ive heard from my mate, after 3 months from the MOT from the garage,the garage cant have any knock backs since the MOT was issued, cos in 3 months no end of stuff may/could have happened to the vehicle.

nyk
06-12-2006, 19:15
yeah as above, thats what I always thought.

david932
06-12-2006, 19:46
wat garage is that??

gonna start taking my cars there :wink:

northy
07-12-2006, 08:53
im sure they will test fairly - they have to do now.

But if thats the case - i wouldnt have taken a car in with dodgy tires in the first place.

2 live
07-12-2006, 09:34
mots only stand for as long as the cars in the mot bay really. within minutes of leaving..parts can be swapped. hence comeback on the garage is hard to prove