PDA

View Full Version : Uprated engine mounts for willys/Valvers

McPikie
06-12-2006, 00:16
Now, apparently, there isn't many available.

However, I know a chap who makes uprated mounts for the 205 gang, so was going to ask him about making some for us lot.

Now, am gonna need a spare:-

Top mount
Dog Bone
Gear box
R19 front mount (for those running these)

Does matter if they are shafted, as he will just need them to take a mould from.

Does anyone have any spares about they could donate and you can have them back when they are moulded???

The mounds will be like poly bushes, nice hard rubber. However, they do tend to cause a little vibration.

If you have a mount, PM me. If you are interested in an uprated mount, then copy and paste your name and which mounts (or all of them) so I can get a price.

Cheers guys

stevie_b
06-12-2006, 10:07
I'd be interested in all of the above. What sort of money are we likely to be talking about for a full set? My car is in a hundred bits at the moment so I think I have all the mounts available to lend to make moulds from - all seemed to be pretty solid when I took them off too. Think I even have a R19 front mount as an F7R I bought was out of a R19. Is that the mount that sits just under the alternator? Where does it bolt to on the car as I've never had an engine in with it on, but presume I should be looking to retain it when I rebuild the car to strengthen the engine location up some more?

vala
06-12-2006, 12:34
if your interested in harder mounts give partco a bell about some mounts made from a company called pearl. i got some for my 5 and they do seem a tad harder (however the comparison was against some mounts which had prob been on the car for 17 odd years :roll:

BRUN
06-12-2006, 23:09
Pearl are normal car parts, not any kind of special hard compound, id say a genuine would be a lot better than a pearl part

McPikie
06-12-2006, 23:21
I'd be interested in all of the above. What sort of money are we likely to be talking about for a full set?

I am just waiting to hear from him on prices. I think we will need to get about 40 peeps together for him to make a mould.

Think I even have a R19 front mount as an F7R I bought was out of a R19. Is that the mount that sits just under the alternator? Where does it bolt to on the car as I've never had an engine in with it on, but presume I should be looking to retain it when I rebuild the car to strengthen the engine location up some more?

No mate, if you look in the guides and reviews section, Gunner has done a guide where it goes. It's just under the front of the gearbox.

david932
06-12-2006, 23:38
I am just waiting to hear from him on prices. I think we will need to get about 40 peeps together for him to make a mould.

:thumbsup:

39 peeps :wink:

stevie_b
07-12-2006, 10:10
No mate, if you look in the guides and reviews section, Gunner has done a guide where it goes. It's just under the front of the gearbox.

Oh yeah, I know about that one and don't have one actually, but plan to! I'm thinking of a fifth mount then! Does the R19 have a mount on the front of the engine below the alternator/PAS pump? My F7R that was dropped into an R19 definitely has a big lump of metal supports bolted on there with a rubber mount hanging off the end?

MatBrown
07-12-2006, 13:20
Yes they do, but they dont have the top mount next to the cam cover.

Mat.

Swervin_Mervin
07-12-2006, 15:29
From people I know that have had uprated mounts, don't bother. It'll just enhance every element of imbalance in teh car and will help shake it to pieces.