PDA

View Full Version : supersprint fitting advice needed

Hulio
05-12-2006, 17:56
I have bought a second hand supersprint manifold from bass_direct on this forum but I am told by k-tec that I cannot get the fitting kit anymore.
I need to know if a standard valver or williams gasket would fit or if anybody knows of the best option.
I also need to know how long it would take to fit as one garage has quoted me two hours worth of labour witch sounds a lot....

VIPERONE
05-12-2006, 18:03
the fitting kit is availiable via the uk supersprint supplier/importer. i ordered one. what are not availiable are the major components like the down pipe itself. i think the name of the imported is eurostyling or something similar, so a goodle search on supersprint uk.

fitting the unit is easy. for ease i would invest in a 10 mm rachet spanner to access the manifold nuts. you can manipulate the old manifold out from the the top of the engine bay and fit the new one. the real pain is mating the supersprint downpipe to the manifold. imo the design is poor which causes the dpipe to seize on, bend out of allignment, its a joke tbh.

i was fed up with it so i removed it and fit a williams manifold .. which feels just as good.

Hulio
05-12-2006, 18:09
Thanks gunner, I did call eurostyling and they told me that k-tec are now the sole importers of these manifolds and k-tec told m that they dont supply the fitting kits seperately.

So obviously a gasket is going to have to be improvised......

VIPERONE
05-12-2006, 18:39
take the down pipe to powerflow witha a ktec variable decat..they'll sort it for you

summeh
05-12-2006, 23:14
Is it just the fire ring you need that goes on the downpipe to cat joint? if so any exhaust place will stock these of various sizes.

ARJ off here has had a piece of pipe made up, as his was also missing this (part of the fitting kit).

arj256
05-12-2006, 23:26
What are you missing? the only thing i can think you would need would be a exhaust manifold gasket. And if you run gaskets on the exhaust flanges one of those.

Yeah i had a hell of a time with mine, i dont think these are that well designed. Im going to get rid of the floating flange for a solid pipe there to stop the blowing :roll:

summeh
05-12-2006, 23:30
head to manifold gasket? standard reno part :?

Hulio
06-12-2006, 03:00
Yes its the just the head to manifold gasket that I am worried about, I just want to know if a standard 16v or williams gasket would fit the supersprint manifold?

northy
06-12-2006, 09:30
yes - a standard gasket fits fine. from memory its £12 !

Hulio
06-12-2006, 16:15
Thanks northy. :D

Hulio
15-12-2006, 15:44
Just an update.

My mechanic said that my supersprint that I bought was pretty fooked...... so he has chopped it up and using some stainless steel tubing, constructed me a custom exhaust that does away with the problematic flange (as well as any place for a cat/decat to go....oh well!)

It will hopefully be done tomorrow so I will post some pics.

summeh
15-12-2006, 20:49
Just an update.

My mechanic said that my supersprint that I bought was pretty fooked...... so he has chopped it up and using some stainless steel tubing, constructed me a custom exhaust that does away with the problematic flange (as well as any place for a cat/decat to go....oh well!)

It will hopefully be done tomorrow so I will post some pics.

You let him do that? :shock:

Going to be fun for you come MOT time as you will have to replace the entire manifold and downpipe just to fit a cat. Unless it's a track car?

Hulio
16-12-2006, 11:02
Not a problem at my m.o.t. testing garage.......lol

Hulio
18-12-2006, 23:30
Supersprint now fitted. Miles better then valver manifold on williams engine! Car much smoother at low speeds and the power delivery is much better. I have a reason to rev it up to the redline now!

bass_direct
19-12-2006, 02:26
can i have it back? lol :lol:

Hulio
19-12-2006, 11:58
No. :shock: