PDA

View Full Version : How do i....

Lisa-F16
05-12-2006, 17:00
Change a bulb in my dash? do i have to take the whole thing off??

The bulb has gone on my speedo and i cant drive in the dark now cos i cant see how fast im going :oops:

snowman
05-12-2006, 17:06
2 torx screws each side of dashtop,3 torx in airvents at bottom of windscreen,they all gotta come out,dashtop should lift off now,depending on wether your clocks have been out before there will be 2 or 4 torx holding clock unit in,take them out and carefully lift upwards so you can get to back,depending on what bulb has gone remove the small black bulb holders by rotating them,these can be bought from renault as a unit but ive found that the actual bulb comes away from the black plastic surround and halfords sell the bulbs at 75p or there abouts,then just fit it all back in reverse.

Hope that helps

Rich
05-12-2006, 17:06
yup, top dash off and clocks out. if its never had the clocks out before you'll need to undo the 2 screws under the steering column surround too (most people leave them out as they are just a pain in the arse) still only a 2 minute job :)

bluenose
05-12-2006, 17:48
halfords sell the bulbs at 75p
I replaced a few bulbs in my dash the other day, bought 5 from halfrauds and they were about £1.50 each! Had no choice though as it was a sunday and i didnt want to leave the dash in bits. Make sure you remember where the screws came from though or it can take ages to match them all up to the right holes again! :oops:

Lisa-F16
05-12-2006, 17:56
thanks guys :D

i might colour code them temporarily or something with a little bit of tape so i dont lose where they go...

Im rubbish at remembering stuff :oops:

Ill get this done at the weekend cos i wont be using the car til then... I'll let u know how it goes :D