PDA

View Full Version : Major problem with 0200?

KingStromba
01-05-2005, 10:18
I had what may be an oil pressure sensor failure the other day. Basically yhr eoil pressure guage dropped to zero on start up. After a whiole driving the guage worked again, and from hot start up is fine. Its just dodgy from cold start up. So i have booked it in to get replaced.

However, i now have a serious loss of power at 2k revs. As im doing town driving and the revs come up past 2k, at exactly 2k in every gear the power is lost as the revs drop to 1.8k and then picks striaght back up again. Almost like the car is cutting the fuel or missfiring. Its very pronounced total loss of power for an instant. Never done it before.

Is this an ecu fault that could be removed at my remap? I dont think its plugs or leads as they are new, and its always at exactly 2k revs.

big hp
01-05-2005, 10:33
Fuel/fuel filter

Fuel pump / pump connections

Fuel pressure/delivery rate/fuel pressure regulator

Injectors

Engine control module (ECM)

KingStromba
01-05-2005, 10:35
If i take the negative lead off the battery will i reset the ecu in anyway? Is it worth a try?

Mark_Ritchspeed
01-05-2005, 10:35
Yep, could be a number of things. The first and easiest things to try are just to make sure that all electrical connections are sound and tight fitting to the ignition and fuelling side and then maybe to try cleaning the inside of the throttle body in case its carboned or oiled up.

KingStromba
01-05-2005, 10:37
Its strange because the engine was only rebuilt 1500 miles ago with new leads and plugs.

Car is ultra smooth and drives really nicely except for 2k revs. And if i use full throttle through 2k it doesnt hesitate, only if i use half throttle or less.

big hp
01-05-2005, 10:49
With it only being 1500 miles though Rob something could of come loose etc. As Mark said make sure all connections are tight. Doesn't sound anything major if you can power through it.

KingStromba
01-05-2005, 10:49
Ill get on it and see what happens.