PDA

View Full Version : F7RT conversion

lewis_willy2
02-12-2006, 14:33
ok guys my friend has just left to go and pick up a valver for us to start a conversion on his rt with. hes jus got a light blue rt and its mint but just so basic. we got a bargainous valver. 80,000 miles had a little front end prang (so its minus the bumper and it popped the rad) but its got a brand new rad from renualt with it. starts runs sweet and where doin the interior aswel all for a bargian price of £200! the rad was £110. its got all service history. will put a thread up soon in members projects.

anyway... were gonna drop the subrame of both the 16v and rt and basically swap them over (exept the rt lump will be binned) is it this straight forward? do we use the 16v mounts? and is it jus a case of plugging in the two connectors in the black box by the n/s strut.

and also will the oil clocks be able to be plugged straight i and work when the 16v lump is all connected up?

gonna be doin the conversion starting 2mro wish me luck!!!

lewis

BristolSam16v
02-12-2006, 14:57
You're going to need the loom/ECU out the 16v as well surely? so if you swap these over you'll have the plugs for the extra oil temp/pressure connectors, so long as you put them in the dash to the dials you should be fine?

Rich
02-12-2006, 15:05
subframe isnt different to the 1.2 item, the accersories on it are.

yes you need to use the 16v mounts and also you need to swap the p/s rack and columns over if the rt doesnt have p/s. doubt the oil dials will work as i dotn think the rt has the correct parts of the loom in the dash. someone on here has done it already so best off asking him that bit.

good luck anyway, should only take you about a week to two max if its your first time

lewis_willy2
02-12-2006, 15:27
i had a couple of 16v lumps out before and a 1.4 lump out but not swapped them over. i remember in my old 1.4 that the loom in the car had extra connectors on it. which looked in the right place for the oil dials. the rack was another thing but forgot to mention it.

ecu and loom are stayin on the engine when it comes out so its should be plug and play.

arj256
02-12-2006, 17:14
Wouldnt it be easier to fix the 16v and use that?

lewis_willy2
02-12-2006, 22:10
its rotten and my m8s like the colour of his car too much