PDA

View Full Version : Megane 2.0 - Insurance?

donsrno1
01-12-2006, 18:24
I was just wondering is it pretty obvious to look at a megane engine that it's different from the 1.8 16v? The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking at buying a hybrid that's got a full megane engine, but it's running the original megane set up as supposed to having the head machined to take a dizzy cap.

The reason I ask is that I know usually F7R's look almost identical to F7P's but need to know how noticable the difference is with the megane so I know if I would have to declare it to Mr Insurance - he's one of my mates thats just really interested in car, but I don't want him knowing it's a 2.0 ;)

Justin..
01-12-2006, 19:16
if thats the ebay jobbie just put a clio rocker cover on it and it'll look the same

wavy
01-12-2006, 19:50
just suck it and pay
it will only bite u in the arse if u dont
plus every 1 else if u hit some 1
u will be uninsured
they will check if u crash

seanofnp
01-12-2006, 21:01
When i actually tried to buy a 2.0 megane coupe a while back to go with my valver, was going to 449 it. Had some fantastic mods already.

MY valver was £290 a month insurance.
The insurance on the megane was only 170 a month.

That was at 18 with 3 points.

:)

donsrno1
01-12-2006, 23:02
yeah decided it's not worth the risk now tbh. If it was a williams engine in there I would be extremely tempted but I think I'll have to just give it a miss and wait till I can insure it properly. Will just go for a 1.8 instead.