PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser fault

HYBRID_HAZ
30-11-2006, 03:03
I have noticed a common fault on mk1 pahse 2 and 3 clios are that the immobiliser fails, caused by leaking sunroof. Is this an easy repair and what is required to correct it?

number1
03-12-2006, 00:13
WD40 and put the sensor (in the headlining) in the airing cupboard might work or buy a new sensor, plip and possibly another ecu.. they are nightmares, you can get a code which is unique to the ecu usually found in the original reno handbook which you type in by pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk. either that or get a phase1 ecu and dont worry about the immobiliser

Dave

bluenose
03-12-2006, 02:53
which you type in by pressing the button on the end of the wiper stalk.
I always wondered what that button was there for! I've got one on the RT but there isnt one on the Williams. Does it do anything else or is it just to do with the immobiliser?

VIPERONE
07-12-2006, 17:26
what happens is that the circuit board corrodes, and bridges the ir sensors so they dont work.. what you need to do is remove the ir sensor unit and then remove the circuit board. you will see 3 ir sensors. look underneath the circuitboard where the soldering is and then lightly scratch away the blue/green corrosion