PDA

View Full Version : Should my car be doing this when it warms up?

Patrick_g46
29-11-2006, 21:34
ok as u may know iv been having probs with my cooling system recently, basically wen engine is cold i top it up to max then i run for half hour and wen i check the bottle the level is below minimum but wen i release the cap there is lots of pressure (should there be?) and wen i release the pressure it come back up to the top again, i have been told this means there is an airlock somewhere, also the small skinny return pipe to the bottel is barely trickling out liek as if the water isnt getting to the pump so cant be pumped back! i remember on my old clio it was like a water fall somign back ot the bottle now it is a splutering trickle! and the fan doesnt cut in until after it should, as in the engine gets warmer then it should b4 the fan starts up.

any ideas?

Andyvalver
29-11-2006, 21:46
Is it a valver?

If so, the cooling system is pressurised so once up to tempreture the coolant level will drop off max but i wouldnt of thought it would go below min.

Andyvalver
29-11-2006, 21:47
No edit :evil:

Also, valver fans cut in really late from my experience

Patrick_g46
29-11-2006, 22:26
its an rt mate,

number1
29-11-2006, 23:44
It might have a little bleed off valve in a pipe or on the radiator, should help you get rid of that airlock, mine was doing this the other day.

Dave