PDA

View Full Version : FAO MattyH - New Clutch Cable Woes

Coops
29-11-2006, 20:11
right fitted the real deal cable tonight, but its not self adjusting right, i can hear it ratchet up but when am up n runnin i press the pedal to the metal (literally metal as the cars stripped! :lol: ) and am still strugglin get the clutch to disengage properly. any ideas or wuick fixes?

matty mate u have any issues with your new cable since u fitted it?

cheers

Coops

Rich
29-11-2006, 20:13
new clutch pedal mate

Coops
29-11-2006, 20:16
what goes in em? like i said i can feel hear n see it take to the ratchet, surely i wud of heard or seen something break if the pedals kippered n all?! :? if it is shagged is it whole lot out or can u do the pedal alone in situ?

big hp
29-11-2006, 20:21
MattyH bought pedal and a cable from me. Think he fitted both so prob wont be able to help.

IIRC theres a plate on side of pedal, undo 2 nuts remove pedal and it should slide off.

MattyH16valver
29-11-2006, 21:11
Hi m8....sorry for slow reply. I've had no trouble since I fitted mine.....as soon as I fitted the oe one it's been all good. Did'nt fit another pedal, just the cable in the end. Thought I'd just try the cable first, to save more messing around and it worked. All I did was slowly depress the clutch with my hand until I hear a click....and then a ratchet sound started and the pedal and cable seemed to self adjust itself. I have a spare pedal etc if u want it m8? Matt

Coops
29-11-2006, 21:24
cheers mate, i'll have another look next time am over at the car (its still other side of sheffield, hence takin forever sort it) n see if i overlooked anything obvious.

if not and pedals ****ed will give u a shout!

Coops
03-12-2006, 02:12
sorted itself out! not a useful resolution for anyone else but i was chuffed! 8)

MattyH16valver
09-12-2006, 20:45
Good lad...glad for you...very anoying when u can't use ur car cos of a snapped cable.