PDA

View Full Version : Need help

KingStromba
30-04-2005, 12:15
Can someone help me get my front bumper on stright at the fcs please? I think its sitting slightly too low and i need it straightning, but im not very good at this sort of thing.

Mark_Ritchspeed
30-04-2005, 12:17
No problem. I will bring some hammers and chisels. Then we can knock it into shape. :wink:

KingStromba
30-04-2005, 12:28
:shock:

J o n
30-04-2005, 13:06
have you taken it off to make sure that the plastic brackets are all still there? if not you need to get it to a body shop that can weld plastic mounts back on...

also, Northy is good at it, he sorted mine out :D

summeh
30-04-2005, 13:07
mines got the same problem, sitting about 1cm to low u can see the cables thru the gap :(

J o n
30-04-2005, 13:09
check the brackets m8, if they have snapped off a decent body shop can sort it. I gave Martin my old bumper for his williams, the brackets were fooked on that, but was pretty much perfect other than that. Either way, he got it sorted and it looks sweet now.

Mark_Ritchspeed
30-04-2005, 15:06
Mines held on with a couple of bolts in the middle and then zip ties everywhere else. :D

Swervin_Mervin
30-04-2005, 20:33
Who needs bodyshops, pah! Irish Nut can confirm that my joist hangers brackets work just as well. Don't forget the bolt behind the front number plate as well.

KingStromba
01-05-2005, 10:19
Ok ill book it into a body shop to get it fixed.

Lunner
02-05-2005, 21:33
Took me ages to line mine up, bolt int eh middle wasn't long enough for some reason when i stuck it back on, oh well it just wobbles abit, if you haven't got it sorted by fcs we'll all ouitch in and have a look at it for ya

dannyt
03-05-2005, 07:59
mine's exactly the same as this, think it's a job for the bodyshop then, when i get the full respray!

NickFr
03-05-2005, 09:37
Touché, all the clips are broken on mine being held on by 2 bolts :oops: made me feel a bit better knowing I am not the only one :wink:

Swervin_Mervin
03-05-2005, 22:37
I could fix all of you guys in no time at the FCS if you want. I've got a shedload of hangers left and it only takes about 10mins to make the bracket up.

The hangers I use fit millimetre perfect in to the existing plastic brackets original mounting point. I use 2 self tappers to bolt it to the bumper and then a long self tapper through the bolt hole on the inner wing.

Give us a shout if you want me to do it and I can knock a batch of brackets out no trouble.

Both sides of mine are held on like this and it's fooking solid.

KingStromba
03-05-2005, 22:38
Cheers bud, looks like im buying yuo lunch too. :D

J o n
03-05-2005, 22:47
sounds fannytastic Mike!!! :D

Swervin_Mervin
03-05-2005, 22:54
I can do yours before then if you want Jesus? Then you can let everyone know what you think. I think mine looks spot on. It's a bit wonky on one side but it would be like that anyway. Me and Irish Nut spent ages trying to sort his and mine one day and we think both are warped. his massively but mine only a bit, and that;s throwing it out slightly. However it's better than when it left the bodyshop, who failed to inform me that the bumper Infinicar supplied had no brackets on either side.

I wouldn't mind the missing brackets but I could've sorted it from the off rather than driving round with a piece of wood holding the whole fecking thing on! :evil: <rant over>

Anyway let me know. The g/f is away on the 14th and I've got the day to do car things before it gets valeted on the sunday.

dannyt
04-05-2005, 07:42
Alright Mike,

this sounds good mate, get a picture of your front bumper up so we can all see?

If you don't mind having a look at mine I could bring it over sometime, we could have a car washing day over at Mikes?? :wink:

Let us know, if not we can try and sort it for FCS?