PDA

View Full Version : FAO 2Live

Swervin_Mervin
29-11-2006, 14:50
You get my pm fella?

Swervin_Mervin
30-11-2006, 14:13
:?:

Need to know where/how you've re-routed your fuel lines fella.

northy
30-11-2006, 14:22
he took them behind the manifold heatshield and around by the acc cable.

THe cup car runs them oe but misses out running under the alternator and goes over the top.

Swervin_Mervin
30-11-2006, 14:27
Cool. Cheers northy. Are they 8mm lines? And how long are they/what lengthdo I need to get to run them the 2Live route?

northy
30-11-2006, 14:35
bloody hell mate - your sounding like danny t.

No idea...they were fabric over braided from memory - racers are rubber.

buy a few meters (6) or guess from driversfoot well - around the engine bay to fuel rail.

Swervin_Mervin
30-11-2006, 14:46
Got my lunchbox here as well! :P

Gonna get that rubber-braid-rubber stuff that's hard as nails. That Renault stuff is like a sponge. Dead weird.

2 live
30-11-2006, 20:11
sorry mate.....yeah.iv routed mine 1 either side of the engine.

supply takes almost normal route, up the bulkhead on o/s but then tucks up under the top of the wing, following the wiring loom and then over the top of the alty.

other side goes behind heat shield on mani, and follows the acc cable round.

think ul need about 7 metres tbh....canny remember now tbh,

Swervin_Mervin
04-12-2006, 00:30
Done it today fella. Not happy with what I did entirely. Needs tidying up, but I had no zip ties. Basically ran one as per yours up under the fuel return pipe. How did you secure it though. Tied mine with string for now but was going to zip tie it to the return pipe.

I ran the other the same way but over the top of the brake lines. Only occurred after the event to run it the PAS way.

I've got new injectors to fit anyway so I'll re-route it properly then.

It's miles better as it is though. Also found that the plastic pipe guide had been sat against a pulley and nearly worn through! Then there was the metal shield near the tensioner pulley that was really slack and sitting against the pulleys! The bolts won't tighten up. Must've lost there contact in that box section. Tied that back with string as well.:P

Finally retieved a lost jubilee clip that had settled near the PAS pump.