PDA

View Full Version : One pair of jeans....

Swervin_Mervin
28-11-2006, 23:37
...some electrical tape, some gaffer tape, a short section of new fuel hosing, some plastic hose junctions of various shapes, 4 jubilee clips (3 to use, one to drop in the engine bay somewhere), some ridiculous NASA strength super glue, and a really sodding sharp fishing knife.

That's my list in 2 days of stuff used to attempt to temporarily fix a sodding ruptured fuel line near the injector rail.

Some previous dumbass garage had cut a split section off the line that's nearest the end of the rail. This obviously means that the line is more stressed and as such the jubilee clip that was on had slowly cut through the fuel line. It doesn't help that renault appear to have used the most dogshit hosing known to man as it's far to squishy and soft.

I've tried using both types of tape to protect the hose from the jubilee clips but it's still gone through both times. Just had to cut another 1/2" off the line. This time I wrapped it in denim several layers thick to help protect it 'til weekend.

Hopefully it will get me to work and back tomorrow and thursday before I can rag the crappy lines out and put some proper stuff in, re-routed.

Andy P
29-11-2006, 00:05
:lol: :lol:

Denim.

You're not responsable for that leather saxo are you? :wink: