PDA

View Full Version : Funny knocking noise/feeling??

McPikie
26-11-2006, 23:17
Just noticed today I am getting a slight knock/rumble on right hand bends, coming from the left of the car. However, I can't decipher wether it's coming from the front or the rear, but I have a feeling it's coming from the back. It's more noticable at low speeds, kind of like I have a puncture or something.

I think it could be either the CV or the rear wheel bearing.

Now, changing a CV isnt an issue, but how do I go about the rear bearing? Is it pressed into the disc? Meaning replacing both discs, pads and bearings all at once??

nyk
26-11-2006, 23:28
Phil, the bearing is pressed into the hub, you can have the fcuked one pressed out an a new one pressed in or replace the hub for new.

If it is a CV joint, replace the drive shaft its a lot easier!! lol

McPikie
26-11-2006, 23:30
Phil, the bearing is pressed into the hub, you can have the fcuked one pressed out an a new one pressed in or replace the hub for new.

If it is a CV joint, replace the drive shaft its a lot easier!! lol

That's what I was thinking, quick trip to autosave, lol.

Is Lee gonna be home 2moz afternoon? Could do with him glancing at it as I will only get it wrong, pmsl

nyk
26-11-2006, 23:33
nah, he's draggin an engine out of a mates car tomoz.

Stu will press the bearing in an out for you at a reasonable price tho.

Try tomoz tea time or give him a bell.

Only 4 days left an we'll be gone!! lol

McPikie
26-11-2006, 23:35
Stu will press the bearing in an out for you at a reasonable price tho.

Stu as in Kim & Stu??

Also, was thinking the ARB bush in the beam or something, am getting worried, lol

nyk
26-11-2006, 23:37
def wont be the ARB bush, its not a moving part.

Yeah Stu as in Kim an Stu.

Best off bring it up tomoz tea time, let Lee have a listen. He'll tell you what it is straight away mate.

:lol:

Coops
27-11-2006, 00:43
rear bearings are pressed into the disc, fronts are pressed into the hubs