PDA

View Full Version : Clio - R5 GTT Clutch.......

cliolord
24-11-2006, 20:08
I have been told the R5 GTT STANDARD clutch is the best thing for my 175bhp/150ft lb N/A F7R. Before it all goes together, I want to check for sure that this is a good move. Is there only one listing for these R5 GTT clutch's and do they definitly work well with the JC5? I'm hoping NOT to get a jerky clutch (i.e; on or off / stall or wheel spin in traffic). Obviously no slip. May just aim for a 190bhp N/A just incase I do get the high compression pistons, knife edge crank etc etc :roll:

Also, what about an LSD for the JC5 gearbox? ATB or ATB? How strong are the diff's on the JC5 as I know the JC3 is total horse. Cheers guys,

gaz

MatBrown
24-11-2006, 20:42
I would just get a Standard Williams clutch from renault, only £60 with discount and well up to the job.

Mat.

BenR
24-11-2006, 20:43
so would i.

I really hate the nasty grabby clutch operation of a gtt cluch on a clio

Craig
24-11-2006, 20:44
i like them but they are quite hard work...very on/off and take some getting used to!

the standard clutch will be fine tho and a lot easier to use.

cliolord
24-11-2006, 21:02
Are you sure that the original williams clutch will be up to 180bhp+ (n/a) ? Seems like a big leap from 150bhp. Knowing what a total slag replacing a clutch is on 1 of these, it has to be right first time. If you guys know that the Williams clutch is good for this power, I am happy to order one tomorrow 8)

Craig
24-11-2006, 21:26
im sure the nana is on standard clutch and fine! that was 170-180 when i had it.

its not really a lot more than standard power so should be reet! :D

richy
24-11-2006, 21:29
nana is now on the k-tec racing clutch, group n spec

summeh
24-11-2006, 23:44
I run an uprated heavy duty Valeo GTT clutch on mine... it is a total ARSE. On/Off very snappy... bloody hate it. Nightmare for driving in traffic... not sure what the standard GTT clutch it like.

Andy P
25-11-2006, 12:16
yeah ive got the uprated clutch too. Its alright, takes some getting used to.

Bitch for launching on quarter miles :lol:

cliolord
25-11-2006, 18:45
nana is what I am aiming for. It's always been an inspiration to me. I wanted to own it a couple of years back but decided to save hard and create something better...Exactly what I want from scratch so that's what i'm doing with a little help from you guys 8)

I will be driving it hard on the track and you will see my down santa pod so the clutch needs to last at least a year before I probably pull it all appart again and have another little play when the bank level says so :wink:

david932
29-11-2006, 21:30
nana is now on the k-tec racing clutch, group n spec

this is what i run and it's the same as a uprated gtt clutch and true they are a bitch! stay standard if it can take the horses

cliolord
01-12-2006, 00:03
well after alot of thinking, i have got the uprated gtt clutch. I will see what happens but at worst, at least it wont slip i guess. Don't want to be taking the gearbox out every 3months or something!