PDA

View Full Version : Engine mapping...

Amirclio
23-11-2006, 21:58
On the hybrid im buying it has a huge pipercross induction kit which im not a fan of! The engine has an SMT6 ecu which is mapped to encorporate the cams and verniers. Will it distrupt the mapping if i remove the IK for a standard airbox?

Cheers
Amir

Daz.
23-11-2006, 22:33
I think it'll thank you for it so it can get on with its job better :D

2 live
24-11-2006, 09:15
best bit of advice........bin the smt6.....best place for em imo.....and get it mapped properly

Amirclio
24-11-2006, 10:21
best bit of advice........bin the smt6.....best place for em imo.....and get it mapped properly

Thanks, but thats bot really answering my question :? Whats wrong with the SMT6? It was fitted by GDi so one would imagine it is the best setup for what the car is running.
Although im not expert in these fields perhaps you could give me some advice......
The car is a 2ltr willy lump fitted with Piper cams, verniers S/S Zorst and decat with SMT6 Piggy back to control the fueling.
So is there the potential for more power if i use a system other than the SMT6? If so please advise! 8) :lol:

Cheers
Amir

Martin
24-11-2006, 10:25
stnd airbox will be fine...smt6 cannot up the limiter which is a big flaw imo

northy
24-11-2006, 10:28
SMT6 is fitted into a plastic bag somewhere near the washer bottle or jack. As martin says they cannot up the limiter. Gaztwo had his removed and the standard ECU remapped as he was suffering with the SMT needing a reset as a noticable power loss was occuring.

As for the question - a filter will make no noticable differance mate. It should improve the performance if anything.

Amirclio
24-11-2006, 11:59
Ok so getting a standard willy ECU mapped to the spec of the engine could potentially give me more power? or just make the most of what ive got?

northy
24-11-2006, 12:05
if u remove the SMT a remaped standard chip will give u a raised limiter and the best of what you have.

Amirclio
24-11-2006, 12:11
Thanks Northy! Ive not picked it up yet so, i spoe the best idea will be to when i get it get a chipped willy ECU mapped then see what the difference is.

Cheers
Amir