PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on decats

mozzawily
23-11-2006, 20:38
Hi all, Im just about to swap over my blown back box and currently my williams has a full devil system with a de cat pipe in place, the exhaust is also blowing where the decat joins onto the middle section.....

My question is that, do decats require a gasket? if so where can i get one?

My aim is to get the whole exhaust system sorted in one hit!.

Thanks in advance

Dave

FATBOY
23-11-2006, 20:49
i think they maybe have a gasket???? i think i remember sometime a while ago that some had metal gaskets?? if all else fails just use some paste(i think its a sealant for zorsts?) that is available?

hope its all ok??

Coops
23-11-2006, 20:51
yeah theres 2 gaskets, one each end. renault i get em from but paste n do it up murder tight wud do aswell (but careful come MOT time u'll want that de-cat off again!)

McPikie
23-11-2006, 21:05
The gaskets are little slither thin metal seals, circa 6pounds, and use fire putty paste too.

Mine has never blown once since february

mozzawily
24-11-2006, 14:54
Cool so they are cat gasketts availiable from renault then?

Will buy a couple so can have a non blowing exhaust for once and for all!

Paul i havnt fitted it yet but it looks like it will be ok!! Fingers crossed!

MatBrown
24-11-2006, 14:59
The standard gaskets are very thin and doubt they will stop any blowing, never have in any of the cases i have used them.
Might as well put some sealant in there as well to make sure, i use silicon if the cat is still in place as exhaust paste kills them.

Mat.

number1
25-11-2006, 23:59
i bought two of these when i refitted my de-cat after mot and it was ok for a few miles and then started blowing, took the rubbish metal gasket out, cleaned the flanges off nice and flat and pasted her up

Dave