PDA

View Full Version : 36k Service

Rudders16v
29-04-2005, 11:51
My Williams is now on 105k so will be due its 108k (major 36k) service in a month or so. So what i wanted to know was, how much is this from a Renault franchise garage? And also, what exactly is involved? As i may just buy all the service items required, but performance/upgraded ones where available to take to a non-franchised Renault garage

KingStromba
29-04-2005, 12:47
To be quite honest i havnt got a clue what needs doing at what service. I get oil changed every 2k (i use cheaper oil and change it more often), i change plugs, leads and dissicap every 6 months, and do brakes when they are worn.

Fluids should be checked / topped up weakly.

Apart from major things like cam belts (every 30k or 3 years in my book), i think you would be better off assessing what needs doing on the car, and just doing things that are necessary.

Its ok having service intervals on new cars, but as the cars get older they tend to be in differing conditions based on how they are cared for and how they are driven.

Rudders16v
29-04-2005, 13:03
Yeah i know what you mean, it's just the Clio has missed the last few stamps in the service book although its had stuff done, so i'd just like to get it back upto date from now going forward.
And i'll probably change the oil every 3k to and anything else which is required in-between services, but would just like to have a car with a decent service history when it comes to time to sell, as it's going to have very high mileage in a couple of years if i keep it that long

Swervin_Mervin
29-04-2005, 14:19
Get everything done then. Save yourself some brass and do it yourself as well as it's piss easy.

Fuel filter
oil filter
oil
spark plugs
dizzy cap
rotor arm
HT leads

Then check pads/discs, coolant levels, battery output.

Rudders16v
29-04-2005, 14:36
Surely there's more than that for the major service? No cambelt? Or is that only at 72k?? That only looks like £100ish for parts, plus less for the labour, i was expecting it to be about £400!?

Swervin_Mervin
29-04-2005, 14:58
It's fook all. Should do other stuff like checking brake fluid and PAS fluid but that there is the main stuff. Do that and the most important bits will be happy.

willy55
29-04-2005, 17:30
mines up for its 48000 service gonna cost me 220 quid and thats a minor