PDA

View Full Version : turbo query

thelynx
21-11-2006, 22:51
What management do peeps use on turbo'd valver/willy lumps

BenR
21-11-2006, 23:12
a question with as many answer as there are management manufacturers.

thelynx
21-11-2006, 23:23
thanks for that

BenR
21-11-2006, 23:34
i could use one of 10 management solutions off the top of my head..........doesnt mean they will suit your wallet.

thelynx
21-11-2006, 23:42
Why dont you be helpful and just answer my original question, dont presume I cant afford stuff... I asked a simple question, maybe to much to expect a simple answer...

stew
21-11-2006, 23:47
i think ben is saying that there are sooo many different ones available. he's not willing to recommend one, as the differ so much, as to what setup you want or are running.

even i could list a fair few off the top of my head, and i know feck all about this stuff....

megasquirt
emerald
stm6
omex 600
chipwizards remap
hillpower remap
etc...

thelynx
21-11-2006, 23:59
I know alot most of those from when I had my rs... Was more curious to know whether there was any preferences or more commonly used ones..

Megasquirt is fooking cheap and has good results just not many places yet that can map it properly, emerald sounds a good bet though :D ..

Anyone on here experienced turbo clio's?

BenR
22-11-2006, 00:01
emerald is crap for the money, dont bother with omex either, nor MS (nothing to do with the mapping abilities, the software is just crap).

What would I use................pectel.

degm/williams
22-11-2006, 00:06
im in the middle of doing my project on my williams turbo, my engine spec is huge and my cars going in for a omex 600 stand alone management, im also using Blitz SBC-ID III Boost Controller + Power Meter ID to control boost but im using an external wastegate

thelynx
22-11-2006, 00:07
im in the middle of doing my project on my williams turbo, my engine spec is huge and my cars going in for a omex 600 stand alone management, im also using Blitz SBC-ID III Boost Controller + Power Meter ID to control boost but im using an external wastegate

What spec are you running or aiming for ? And what boost to warrant external wastegate :shock:

nyk
22-11-2006, 00:14
I though an extrenal wastegate was for stronger delivery of boost, not more psi. Does away with the actuator (that drops the spike of the boost) and no loss through flapping wastegate. The external wastegate holds the peak of the boost rather than fading it off through the actuator and flapping wastegate as above.

More efficient.

degm/williams
22-11-2006, 00:36
garret t3 stage 3 hybrid turbo, custom made 42mm tublar manfold, external wastegate, low comp pistons, steel crank, h conrods, front mounted intercooler, piper cams, 3 bar map sensor, turbo head gasket, 3" down pipe, 3" exhaust, Blitz SBC-ID III Boost Controller + Power Meter ID, omex 600 management

hoping for 400 bhp, next year will add jenveys and then might 4 wheel drive it, reason for the external is cause it has a much better control over boost and they dont suffer from boost creep, an external wastegate is a far better way than using an actuator so i thought i might as well do the job right, im going to be running about 25psi when im at santa pod

degm/williams
22-11-2006, 00:52
i was going to use the fastchip ecu from bb performance but cant find out what features this has to offer

stan
22-11-2006, 00:57
Cut out the monkey, sorry i mean middle, man...and go straight to www.fastchip.nl

Speak to Henk direct for proper info....after all he designed/made it.

degm/williams
22-11-2006, 01:31
cheers stan just had a flick tho its only able to run 1.1 bar so no good for me, by the way thanks for advice on 3 bar map sensor

stan
22-11-2006, 12:57
you have pm