PDA

View Full Version : any1 esle feel that peter ebdon cheated against ronnie?

Jamie.
28-04-2005, 22:43
after watching the match last night which pissed me off i just cant help feeling that peter ebdon was on purpose playing as slow as he could to delebriatley knock ronnie out. poor sportsmanship that, dont think he can ever say he won fair and sqaure. i feel like its asking tiger woods to make a 500 hard drive witha wedge.

KingStromba
28-04-2005, 23:09
Its part of the game. Arnold (in body building) and Muhamed Ali were masters at psyching the oposition out. Its part of sport.

All the top level sports men can do it. Most people lost to Ali before they even got in the ring.

FATBOY
28-04-2005, 23:17
i believe ebdon played within the rules! cos if he was taking too long surely the ref would have warned him!!!

NickFr
29-04-2005, 07:25
What was more important was the reaction of Ronnie after the Match, when the interviewer was clearly attempting to get Ronnie to critisize Peter Ebdon, but he was very complimentary and behaved like a gentleman and a true sportsman, refusing to make excuses, in the same vain as Damon Hill when everyone KNEW he had been cheated he also behaved in a manner that would have made his late great father proud!

KingStromba
29-04-2005, 10:50
Damon Hill was one of the best Britsh Sports men of our time. A true gentleman and IMO the only recent world champion worthy of the title along with Hakkinen.

I bet his Father would indeed be proud of him, moreso for his honour and courage off the track.

Worth noting his record in F1 was also alot better than people gave him credit for. The only recent driver alongside Hakkinen to consistently beat Schumacher. He had the legs of Prost, beat Mansell and wasnt far behind Senna. And worth noting how many other drivers could partner such greats and still claim race wins and poles?

I have his debut race on tape and put it down as a very strong debut. Wet dry conditions that caught his team mate out, Damon battled through to finish second only to Senna. He then repeated the feat at Donnington in 'that race', which for Senna fans will go down as the best drive of any F1 driver ever.

One of the few sportsmen of my time that i would truely be honoured to meet.