PDA

View Full Version : Best Valver Mods

matty
28-04-2005, 22:27
What does everyone reckon has been their best mod.

I must say mine have been:

1. Fitment of BMC CDA as K&N car came with just sucked in warm air. Less of a benefit though if you have standard airbox you can just put a new element in.

2. Chip. This seemed to make the car more driveable, at all speeds and revs and pick up seems better and less bouncing of rev limiter. Although at current prices a remap via someone like chip wizard seems better than off the shelf. How can Hill Power claim 10/12 bhp increase I don't know as no chip can offer this by itself. The bonus in drivability is more than the 4 or 5 bhp you may get. Unless of course my 11bhp increase via a BB chip was all down to the chip and nothing to do with the BMC CDA and magnex inc decat.

3. Coilovers. Just being able to drive around corners 20 mph quicker is fun and the instant direction changes you can do without fuss.

Tom_16v
29-04-2005, 00:03
1. De-cat.....Best VFM mod out there. Made so much difference for what about 40quid!

2. Goodyear GSD3's.....No matter what mods you got, if you ain't got decent tyres your going nowhere fast!

3. Koni's....Didn't think you could improve the standard handling so much!

Winston
29-04-2005, 00:43
1. 2.016v conversion......It really is all that!!!!
2. willy wide track on coilovers
3. stripping the ****er bare lol

clean16v
29-04-2005, 09:15
2l litre conversion. Nothing else, makes it a whole new animal.
My latest Hybrid (4th one!) was bought on a Sunday, and had 2l runnning by the Wednesday.......

VIPERONE
29-04-2005, 09:46
Muhaha...

i consider all sorts of mods... then just thought **** it...so bought 2l.

debottomley
02-05-2005, 00:26
Mongoose exhaust manifold back. Makes the valver sound how it should, throttle response and noticable power increase.

Not forgetting the shotgun style backfires on upchanges and rev come down. Flames included.

Red Valver
25-05-2005, 17:37
My Brink Towbar :shock:

yes i put a towbar on the Valver, but it is essential for my Go Kart

Jabba the...
26-05-2005, 19:41
De cat and panel filter/drilled airbox
Cheapest and best way to start 8)

summeh
27-05-2005, 11:50

Also a great way to suck in hot air and decrease performance.

Jabba the...
27-05-2005, 13:05

----------------
yep but anyone with a brain will drill towards the front of the car therefore gain the induction kit noise with debatable consequenses to power eg on a cool day or simply the fact that holes facing the incomin air may actually increase cool air circulation, think.... :wink: in either case it'll sound loads better

2 live
27-05-2005, 18:54
de-cat....made the most noticeable difrence
strut brace...tightened it up nicely....at the expense of the roof hehe

Dancliovalver
30-05-2005, 07:50
was quite impressed with the decat, makes abit of difference and i love the popin sound it gives now, and chip, that was pretty kool too

BRUN
04-06-2005, 19:20

----------------
yep but anyone with a brain will drill towards the front of the car

what, so it sucks air from the hot radiator you mean ?...hehe :P

summeh
06-06-2005, 01:36

----------------
yep but anyone with a brain will drill towards the front of the car therefore gain the induction kit noise with debatable consequenses to power eg on a cool day or simply the fact that holes facing the incomin air may actually increase cool air circulation, think.... :wink: in either case it'll sound loads better

lol... and whats right infront of it then??? think ;)

KingStromba
06-06-2005, 09:27
Nick Hill

big hp
06-06-2005, 10:04
My best valver mod was to buy a williams :wink:

Jabba the...
06-06-2005, 15:23

----------------

lol... and whats right infront of it then??? think ;)

--------

ok then mr & mrs pedantic! to the front and right away from the rad, use a cold air feed :!: basically minimise the risk of warm air entering the engine. if u dont want any heat soak dont drill, but iif u do in the right place it'll do fuk all permormance loss and will make the IK noise without the price or heat soak of a normal IK (not inc hillpowers as it has heat shield and cold air feed and bmc carbon closed boxes etc)