PDA

View Full Version : Sumpguards

Nick16v
18-11-2006, 18:28
Just wundered if anyone has one, and if they are worth getting, because im thinking of getting one for my car once the conversion is done because im going on coilovers, and just thought of protecting the underside on my car instead of ruining the sump and things. Any advice on whether they are worth getting and where to get one i would be grateful...

Cheers
Nick

MatBrown
18-11-2006, 19:54
Look in here:

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16388

Mat.

merlin
18-11-2006, 22:02
IF you dont want to make one try OMP they sell em
Merlin

cliorod
19-11-2006, 01:27
Merlin,
How do these fit,In my experience of fitting sump guards to Renault sub frames :roll: :roll: .All the after market ones,just bolt through the section of the sumframe,so unless you put a fairly sub stantial plate over the top of the subframe,you can actually "squash" :cry: :cry: ,the frame ~~ the bolt acting like a punch !!!.my advice ~~ for what it is worth is to weld 4 bosses on the subframe :lol: ~~ can be done on a four poster etc .each with a tapped hole in ~~ then just bolt through the sumpguard onto the bosses no damage to the subframe and the guard can be fitted/removed in minutes :roll: :roll: .
I reckon a good engineering shop would do the lot for the price or even less of an after market one.
I will try and post some pics of mine to show better what I mean.
Rod