PDA

View Full Version : Running out of petrol

Alphacentaure
18-11-2006, 12:53
Wednesday morning I tried to start the willi with no success :cry: . Every symptom pointed out that it had ran out of fuel.

Sure enougth, added 4 litres or so, and the car started normally :D . Went to the pump, and it took a further 42 litres.

From this, I deduct that I had in fact about 4 litres left in the tank :shock:. Any ideas as why it behaved like it had ran out of juice?

donsrno1
18-11-2006, 14:10
aux tank pump might be a possibility if the williams has one as thats what happened with my 16v. Basically it would mean that as soon as the petrol light came on then the car wouldn't be getting any petrol as it can't pump any petrol from the resrve tank to the main.

summeh
19-11-2006, 02:55
yeah check the aux pump is working properly. The first time the warning light comes on the aux pump should "pump" for 40 seconds, fuel from the reserve, into the main tank.

Allan
19-11-2006, 09:58
Hmm well i have had a problem where i was 30 miles on the light, got it to the station only put £5 in as i wanted to find a shell station instead of the bp i was at, but when i started up there was lots of spluttering and it conked out, i had to put another 5 quid in to get it going dont know why, was running fine when i drove it in