PDA

View Full Version : Valver tuning?

dan 16v
18-11-2006, 09:37
Did have a quick search but how far can you go with valver tuning before spending stupid ammounts to turbo it etc? I posted about cams on Cliosport and ppl said there isnt a point of adding cams to a valver as it would would just be better to get a Williams Engine. Good idea but i dont wanna loose the low miles i have on my current engine.

Ive got the basics at the moment de-cat, system and panel filter. I was thinking of a chip next but is it worth it? What gains are to be had? This will all be comig after my Bilstein OE shocks, 25mm springs and poly antirollbar bushes :)

Also was thinking of trying to source a williams manifold or a SS. :idea:

Dan.

Andy P
18-11-2006, 11:24
I think the quickest valver out there is Craigs old one, which ran a 15.1??

That had shit loads spent on it and he said it was a waste of time really, so yeah F7R is the way to go.

Just go for simple breathing mods which can all be swapped over if you do decide to go hybrid route. I think you will need a chip to compliment the breathing mods.

Mr.AdamB
18-11-2006, 12:57
my valver ran a 15.2 and all i have is a stainless exhaust, and a k&N engine is on 167k as well.

will be beating that 15.1 record. need sum decent tyres.

nyk
18-11-2006, 15:58
I have quite a few mods on my valver, and cams are far from a waste of time.

I'd go for a set of cams, timed properly and mapped by a good tuner, plus some polishing and porting on the head.

Andy P
18-11-2006, 16:05
I have quite a few mods on my valver, and cams are far from a waste of time.

I'd go for a set of cams, timed properly and mapped by a good tuner, plus some polishing and porting on the head.

Decent cams, mapping and headwork? thats abput £900+?

How much can you pick up an F7R for? :lol:

MAXIBOY
18-11-2006, 18:59
yeah but if you choose good head work then you can always move that over to the 2.0 litre so its not a waste. that way you can use the low milage bottom end till its f**ked the upgrade too 2.0. so cams and headwork now until upgraded 2.0 litre

nyk
18-11-2006, 21:58
thats exactly what i'm doin^^^^

My 1800 engine was rebuilt by the previous owner. Everyone asks me why dont you upgrade to a 2lt BE, and I will when the BE decides to go, if I still have the car then! lol

You'll find with cams and headwork, properly mapped, it will be as quick as a standard willy anyways.

summeh
19-11-2006, 02:51
Why don't you just get an F7R bottom end thats in good nick? You aren't allowed to "clock" the dials in the cockpit anyway, so it would still read as if it was the low mileage valver engine. 8)