PDA

View Full Version : Garage Issues

Matty86
17-11-2006, 00:51
some of you may remember my recent accident, bending my subframe

Well, i took it to a garage and they said they could change the subframe over etc...

It was a lot of money (labour :() but they said they could use williams track bits instead. This way it almost seemed worth it to me, as i'd atleast be getting an upgrade for the money!

got a message from them today (its been 3 weeks - they know i need the car tomorrow) saying its been done, but one of the williams (R19 i think?) wishbones had taken a knock. So they've kindly fitted a standard valver track... (and replaced my dogbone mount without me asking - i have a brand new one here on my desk!). I know the guy bought the parts for the conversion in on tuesday (he broke the donor car at the weekend) - surely he would've noticed and could've atleast told me?

So here's the problem. the repair cost isnt worth it for a standard track, but not bad for a conversion.

What can I do? not pay? demand they fit the williams track they initally promised?

input would be appreciated guys :)

nyk
17-11-2006, 00:58
The work which was agreed to be carried out, for the price you agreed, when giving them the car has not been carried out.

I would ask for a partial credit on your bill.

The willy bits are worth more, hence why should you pay the same ammount for valver bits??

Tell them you arent paying the full bill and agree a reduction.