PDA

View Full Version : ARGH!! Car wont start!

Matteh
15-11-2006, 18:28
Hi all,

I've been away a lot recently with work, and for one reason or another I haven't driven my car for around 4.5 weeks - A while I know...

Anyway, I've just gone out to the old girl as I thought I'd give her a bit of a run and she wont start. I turn the key, my usual lights come on and when i go to start her it turns slowly and just kinda runs out of steam... I'm guessing that my battery has discharged due to it not being driven for so long.. Any ideas?

Ta,

Matt

wavy
15-11-2006, 18:38
I'm guessing that my battery has discharged due to it not being driven for so long.. Any ideas? sounds about right
try recharging it

Matteh
15-11-2006, 18:44
Ok, ta.

I'm mechanically retarded. What do I do?

:)

wavy
15-11-2006, 18:53
borrow a battery charger
remove battery and attach to charger over night

or lend some jump leads and get a friend to jump start your car then run it for a good few hours to charge

Matteh
15-11-2006, 19:31
Right im going to have to run to halfords in a sec... what am i looking for in a charger?

y4n
18-11-2006, 19:16
Try a Car battery charger lol :lol: im sure the monkeys at halfrauds will be able to help you

Purple
18-11-2006, 23:41
I think once the car starts but turns lumpily for more than 10 secs, it's probably not the battery. It might be either 1)fuel feed 2)ignition/distributor/plugs 3)flywheel sensor 4)belts too tight/loose.

Did you do or notice anything out of the ordinary about the car just before the starting problem?

Manny
05-12-2006, 18:09
mines has just done the same... was fine for about a mile, then about to turn onto a main road and it cut out, managed to get it started again and park it round the corner in a wee street but it on double yellows... its got fuel in it, but it just keeps turning and wont start... makes a kind of *pupp* sound every few turns... urgent help required pls :oops: