PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! MK1 16V totally died - no power at all

brammer
15-11-2006, 10:10
Strangest things happened yesterday:

1st - the front wipers stopped working - heavy rain

So i tried all the fuses, all OK (the last two fuses to the left of the fuse box when removed the alarm churped once each then i replaced them)

2nd - Went to the car this morning and its lost all power ????

1) Tried the battery - Fine
2) Swapped Ecu - no difference
3) Tried turning the key on the alarm siren - nothing
4) The clocked stopped at 11.20pm at the same time as we had the hardest rain shower

The car is totally immobilized, is there a kill switch/ reset button on these cars?? as fords have a kill switch button - don't know what else to try as I'm only just familiarize myself with the Clio.

nyk
15-11-2006, 17:24
Is it turning over or just clicking??

You need to give more info mate for anyone to be able to have any idea what your problem is?

Do you have a standard immobiliser or is it some after market jobby? Is the central locking working OK?

wavy
15-11-2006, 18:26
erm ye what she said :? :lol:

kj16v
16-11-2006, 00:37
Have you disconnected the battery and reconnected it again? If not, try that.

Andy
16-11-2006, 08:30
leave the battery of for a bit doent happen in seconds

northy
16-11-2006, 08:35
seams funny that all power has stopped.

Leave the battery off over night. make sure its charged, refit terminals and see if you get power.

Your battery terminals are good arnt they ?

kj16v
16-11-2006, 11:44
Don't even need to leave it off all night. Just a few mins.

brammer
21-11-2006, 03:04
It ended up being one of those misterious battery failures, just stopped... tested on the battery charger and it read full power but after searching high and low for a lose connection or blown fuse i decided to get a vault metre on it and yes 3.45 wasn't going to power it, i should have tried the battery on this before the charger/tester.... no thats sorted i have another headache.... not 100% sure but i think the g/box has had it, or something has snapped internally.... not good :cry: i never want another clio again i think i'll stick with fords.