PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Renewal - what parts?

Mattie
14-11-2006, 22:42
the cars goin in for its MOT soon and i was thinking of renewing some of the parts like calipers and suspension etc, as im pretty sure alot of the parts are OE from when it first rolled out the garage at reno!

anyway my question is what should i look to renew in terms of suspension components ie bearings, shocks etc?

the springs have already been changed :)

wazza16v
14-11-2006, 22:57
i have a set of mint suspension mate which i need to get out of the way

Mattie
14-11-2006, 23:22
mint as in new mate? only interested in new otherwise might as well keep mine as there still good for a few more miles yet

Laine_16v
14-11-2006, 23:49
Wazza's have 58k miles on them.

richy
14-11-2006, 23:55
depends how much money you want to spend, you could go the whole hog and get every bushe/ball joint/bearing/shocker/caliper/spring etc

or just replace all 4 shockers, make sure the ball joints/track rods/bearings are in good working order, same with calipers too

as said really depends on what you want to spend, mine williams has all new shockers/springs/arb bushes/wishbones/ball joints/bearings/calipers/discs/pads lol pretty much new now! :lol:

MatBrown
15-11-2006, 00:01
I have pretty much everything waiting to go on mine but i would recommend new shocks (£30 each), new wishbones inc bushes and balljoint (£55 each) and ARB bushes (£5 each).

Mat.

richy
15-11-2006, 00:09
best way to do it imo mat, my williams feels absolutely superb when driving, so precise and handling is fantatsic! shame about engine lol

Mattie
16-11-2006, 22:32
depends how much money you want to spend, you could go the whole hog and get every bushe/ball joint/bearing/shocker/caliper/spring etc

or just replace all 4 shockers, make sure the ball joints/track rods/bearings are in good working order, same with calipers too

as said really depends on what you want to spend, mine williams has all new shockers/springs/arb bushes/wishbones/ball joints/bearings/calipers/discs/pads lol pretty much new now! :lol:

would you mind PM a rough price on what that cost you richy?.....i want to try and not spend to much as iv got other things to sort out to.....however i have got abit of money to play with so.... :P