PDA

View Full Version : Crazy idea..opinions?

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:01
I'm having such trouble selling my williams for a decent price I'm seriously considering swapping the engines and keeping the williams and then selling a quick 2.0 hybrid with mint bodywork for 2700 or so....when the engines are swapped I could swap over my flywheel and manual rack etc...plus I don't really care much about the bodywork on mine so would have no qualms about tracking the mofo hard and ripping the dash out etc for uber weight saving track slag....hmm :?:

Rich
13-11-2006, 13:04
why bother with all that work? feck that

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:04
Erm because I can't sell my williams for a decent price!

jay s
13-11-2006, 13:10
hmm, would u be putting the white one back to std int? your williams would be a better shell as it has'nt got a hole cut in the roof! , dunno if it would be worth it tho as your gonna have to pay some one to change both around etc

jay s
13-11-2006, 13:11
need that edit button back, have you picked the new one up yet?

Andyvalver
13-11-2006, 13:18
Id keep the white one as it is. Its winter time now anyway so its gonna be harder to sell. If your really struggling id drop the price lower and cut my losses :)

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:20
You might be right Andy :-k

northy
13-11-2006, 13:21
get the cage back in the williams and fit the engine in. keep the white one in storage and when u sell fit the engine back :wink:

Its still mintey mint !

stew
13-11-2006, 13:23
no point imo.

white one is basically a williams anyway!

think of the cost of swaping engines etc. not worth it.

its a real shame, coz ur williams is worth a lot more than u want for it, and it still aint selling! :cry:

think ur just gonna have to hold out! or ill buy it off u for 1k! :wink: :wink:

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:23
Just get Andy to buy mine and we'll have no probs :wink:

David_Harrison
13-11-2006, 13:25
What box is in the willy 2? What mileage is the box on?

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:27
Not sure tbh it might even be the original box thats done 130k I doubt it though...never checked the history since I bought it.

Rich
13-11-2006, 13:29
gettin andy to buy it would be the best yeah :wink: think the problem is most people want a williams for the road that looks like a williams.

i cant afford it or i'd love a track car and i'd have it off you in a heartbeat! fancy a part ex with the valver :lol: then you have a daily drive too :wink: :wink: :wink: :P

David_Harrison
13-11-2006, 13:31
I would swap the throttle bodies onto the 40k bottom end. Rip all the best bits from both cars and put them on the willy shell. Then sell whatevers left for the most you can get.

Andy
13-11-2006, 13:40
i agree the white clio engine in a williams

then get a standard valver engine sell the white one or strip it make some money back

then you will have one of the fastest williams in the country which could be sold for shed loads

Dancliovalver
13-11-2006, 13:42
:shock: BUT THE WHITE ONES A LEGEND!!!!!! :lol:

Flan
13-11-2006, 13:43
I would swap the throttle bodies onto the 40k bottom end. Rip all the best bits from both cars and put them on the willy shell. Then sell whatevers left for the most you can get.

The bottom end has been done on the white one. personaly i wouldn't mess with thw white one its the nuts.

Just sell the williams, might be worth turning it to std and selling your stuff like seats and windows to pay for it.. 99% of williams buyers want a std looking one imoa :roll:

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:45

The bottom end has been done on the white one. personaly i wouldn't mess with thw white one its the nuts.

Just sell the williams, might be worth turning it to std and selling your stuff like seats and windows to pay for it.. 99% of williams buyers want a std looking one imoa :roll:

The btm end is totally stnd on the white one...

The work and bits required to get mine back to standard would be not cost effective I think...I would have to spend 400-500 quid+many hours ....

J o n
13-11-2006, 13:51
as Flan says, leave them both as they are, putting the TB'd engine in the Williams is also going to increase your insurance quotes by a fair old amount I'd guess... store the white one over winter, use the Willy and then sell it in spring for what you want, the white one looks more interesting being a rarer colour too and has a look about it that will be lost if you put it into a Williams shell

Andy
13-11-2006, 13:53
yeah but its only a valver

use teh williams swap engines ecu everything run it on speedlines and alot more people will be intrested in buying it

Martin
13-11-2006, 13:55
hmm I have no where to store the willy and I would'nt be insured on it so it would sit rotting away lol Think I'm just gonna have to sell it for peanuts it pains me though as I like the car so much...it's gonna cost me over 3k to upgrade to the white un' thats hell of a lot of money .... :(

J o n
13-11-2006, 13:58
yeah but its only a valver

use teh williams swap engines ecu everything run it on speedlines and alot more people will be intrested in buying it

and? a williams is just a williams... :roll: but it's only a Williams with the wheels, interior etc etc, so putting it back will cost more than it's worth to then sell it on again. the valver looks better too imo, it's got a more unique look, the williams has no identifying signs of it being one so may as well just be a valver

Andy
13-11-2006, 14:02
yeah but with the bodies in a williams buckets ect correct set up it would look amazing

and be worth more money in the long run

and seen as thought we are rolling eyes :roll:

J o n
13-11-2006, 14:20
but it wont look anything like a Williams still, as I doubt Martin will run full interior, or put the heavier speedline rims on it... i'd stick with the white Martin, it looks better as pretty much every Mk1 you see is Naples or 449.

In the long run value will be the same or there abouts, it's got no Williams goodies left in it to make it desirable to someone looking at a Williams. putting it back to standard is pointless now, it's gone too far. in the long run it's probably cheaper to just put more power in, as stripping them and not being able to return to standard seems to affect the value more.

Martin
13-11-2006, 14:26
Well I sold the nana easy enough I just think it's because it's a williams that I'm struggling should advertise it as a hybrid and take the badges off would sell better! :? People see williams in an ad and they want ghey gold wheels and comfy armchairs!

Illusion
13-11-2006, 14:37
... they want ghey gold wheels and comfy armchairs!

Nothing wrong with being "ghey" mate...Just ask me mate "Ghey Ray"...

J o n
13-11-2006, 14:40
Well I sold the nana easy enough I just think it's because it's a williams that I'm struggling should advertise it as a hybrid and take the badges off would sell better! :? People see williams in an ad and they want ghey gold wheels and comfy armchairs!

exactly, you have to think that you can get a good original Williams for £2k, so even thuogh yours is better spec ect the people that would specifically want a Williams and not a hybrid or valver would cost in the wheels and interior to go back in and whatever else to make it look like a Williams again. On CS I'd change the advert title to remove Williams and add that into the description instead of the title, instead putting reference to the 13.8, as that's the selling point and what the cars about if you see where I'm coming from... just a thought anyway

Martin
lol Meh I actually like the gold speedlines but not on track slag clio....pm'd you

lewis_willy2
break the williams?

engine wheels seats windows suspension? gota be close to 2K.

i agree what you say about people wanting a hybrid and people wanting a williams. i bought my williams because of the comfy armchairs!!

was gonna buy a hybrid with grey willy wheels, but felt the need for comfort as it is an every day car.

white is a sweet colour so i think changing it all over is only gonna cost more and if your trying to get money so the white one doesnt cost you too much then i dont think it should be an option.

sorry not much help. hope you sort it soon

lewis

Martin
13-11-2006, 15:35
The willy may go this week now....cheap as chips though! :(

Andyvalver
13-11-2006, 15:54
Dont **** with the white one. If it aint broke dont fix it.

Just sell the feckin williams chaper and cut ya losses, get on with life and post up some vids of the new one 8)

Winston
13-11-2006, 16:39
Break it :P :P :P

I'll do that engine proud :wink:

Flan
13-11-2006, 17:29
Don't break the white one its the best color

Blue is common and for chavs :lol: :lol:

Chris H
13-11-2006, 17:42
the warped logic on this forum amuses me sometimes.

stan
13-11-2006, 18:27
hark who's talking, your own a Renault 19 :lol:

richy
13-11-2006, 19:37
renault 19 :roll:

id just keep the white one as it is, keep the williams for sale and hold out untill after xmas, dont u have the std interior etc for it?

oh and northy i have the cage! :wink:

J o n
13-11-2006, 19:44
the warped logic on this forum amuses me sometimes.

what logic do you possess that made you buy a 19 :roll: :?