PDA

View Full Version : Cams.

Jamie.
11-11-2006, 22:23
What cams does everyone suggest? ive been thinking of doing some performance mods for a while and with the current slating of coil-overs and the fact i could proberly pick up a decent set fairly quickly and cheaply i was wondering which cams everyone is recommending at the moment.

richy
11-11-2006, 23:07
260ish degree should be fine, but get some decent vernier pulleys and get it timed/mapped properly! upto which cams you buy!

Jamie.
12-11-2006, 09:59
didnt 2lives kent cams fail though? that was why i was asking? i know TheJesus had some (iirc) Billet ones from BenR that seemed to make his car pretty rapido just there seems to be a fair few to choose from.

2 live
12-11-2006, 13:19
think jesus' were just catcams...as most ppl seem to use now.

yes my kents failed.......and theres piper schrick catcams crane etc etc etc to choose from......most will run u off a cam to ur spec.but catcams are the cheapest i believe. but then catcams pullies need the pulley cover modifying to fit.

nowt wrong wi coilovers tho......imo.better off uprating the susp and brakes b4 the engine.....but then i spose who u talk to

richy
12-11-2006, 13:41
yeah i agree, brakes/suspension first, then engine! as said its up to you which cams you use, the kents i had was fine, now sat in a box at northys lol

:lol: