PDA

View Full Version : What sort of power from 2.0?

donsrno1
10-11-2006, 11:19
If you were to use a 2.0 bottom end with a valver head and you got some headwork (not changing valve size or anything though), cams and a remap (would it be necessary or could it still run on standard map?) what sort of power would be you be looking at?

Also how much benefit is the to be had from blancing the crank and flywheel and what sort of cost would be involved in that?

Just considering my options at the minute and am considering buying a valver then over the winter get myself an engine which I would rebuild and drop in it next year sometime.

Thanks.

gtbloke
10-11-2006, 11:25
Imho if your going to get the head gasflowed you may as well fit some meaner cams at the same time.... will see more of a benefit than just porting the head.

should be around 170+ bhp with that setup at a guess.

nyk
10-11-2006, 11:36
I'm on F7P full engine with the following mods:

Cams
Polished and Ported Head
KnN
De Cat
Full Stainless
Lightened Fly Wheel
Custom Map
The engine was fully rebuilt about 10K ago.

Mine made 174.2 @ the fly on the RR about 6 weeks ago.

Would have thought it wold be slightly more on the 2ltr bottom end but not huge ammount.

nyk
10-11-2006, 11:37
If you were to use a 2.0 bottom end with a valver head and you got some headwork (not changing valve size or anything though), cams and a remap (would it be necessary or could it still run on standard map?) what sort of power would be you be looking at?

Also how much benefit is the to be had from blancing the crank and flywheel and what sort of cost would be involved in that?

Just considering my options at the minute and am considering buying a valver then over the winter get myself an engine which I would rebuild and drop in it next year sometime.

Thanks.

You'd need a good re map to get the most from the mods, especially the cams.

donsrno1
10-11-2006, 11:43
cheers, didn't realise you would get that much from an F7P with those mods!! I know a remap would be the right thing to do, especially if I was spenging a fair chunk on the rest of the work, but just wanted to make sure it would all run ok off the standard map as depending on money I would possibly do that for a while. What sort ofo price would I be looking at for a decent remap? also, iirc, does gunner not do some sort of chip for teh f7r (though I think it may just be for a standard F7R)? What sort of price would you be looking at for a remap to make the most of any changed made to the engine?

nyk
10-11-2006, 11:51
I paid just short of 300 for mine.

I think Gunners chip just lifts the rev limiter.
My chip was mapped by my very knowledgeable friend then fine tuned at Chipwizards.

I was surprised buy the figures as I expected around 160, but I think its all about getting the cams timed properly etc.

stew
10-11-2006, 12:01
yeah seems like a lot of its to do with getting the cams timed properly, and someone who can actually create a decent map for the car. :roll:

look at how the nana responded to a little headwork, cams timed in properly and a decent remap! :twisted:

nyk
10-11-2006, 12:13
plus a good strong engine to build on makes a lot of difference.

J o n
10-11-2006, 12:32
would say 190+ with those mods on a good strong 2.0 BE.

nyk
10-11-2006, 12:42
yeah I'd have thought so. Mines having the 2ltr BE when the 1800 goes.

Done it on the track car already.

he he

donsrno1
10-11-2006, 16:46
ok, thanks for all the replies. Really tempted to do this but need to check on how much it would cost me. I would hope to do most of it myself but obviously a fair bit of it would need to be done elsewhere such as a remap, balancing flywheel etc and the headwork.

How much difference would it make to have the flywheel and crank lightened and balanced compared to without and how much would I be looking at to have it done?

stan
10-11-2006, 17:41
I'd say 175-180bhp.

summeh
11-11-2006, 04:33
You may as well drop some megane inlet valves in to the head while its being worked on.

Martin
11-11-2006, 12:57
174 bhp from a f7p with those mods seems very, very optomistic imo

Mine is a strong f7r and it had 131 hp atw (corrected) so less than 174 bhp!

BenR
11-11-2006, 18:43
its 2ltr

Martin
11-11-2006, 18:54
its 2ltr

Eh? Nyk's is a 1.8....

BenR
11-11-2006, 19:09
thought we were talking about the author of the thread? lol :?

Martin
11-11-2006, 19:20
Soz should have quoted her...

nyk
11-11-2006, 20:54
it is 1.8, but thats what Wayne said it was when he tuned it.

Got the print out but its packed away as I'm in the process of moving house. Will post it up once can find stuff!!

It is a fairly new engine dont forget plus my mods.

donsrno1
11-11-2006, 21:10
ok, so if I weren't to bother with the headwork, or balancing of flywheel and just went with cams alone and a 2.0 bottom end how much power would I be looking at with/without cams?

I'm just trying to work out what sort of power I could get for different prices so that I can get a balance between a reasonable amount of power and the amount it will cost me.

Mark E-J
22-11-2006, 01:36
id say bout 150 on williams bottom end and standard valver head

but ask stand or ben r

cliolord
24-11-2006, 21:08
cheers, didn't realise you would get that much from an F7P with those mods!! I know a remap would be the right thing to do, especially if I was spenging a fair chunk on the rest of the work, but just wanted to make sure it would all run ok off the standard map as depending on money I would possibly do that for a while. What sort ofo price would I be looking at for a decent remap? also, iirc, does gunner not do some sort of chip for teh f7r (though I think it may just be for a standard F7R)? What sort of price would you be looking at for a remap to make the most of any changed made to the engine?

mate, money is the name of the game. If you are spending lots of all the other bits, whats 400quid for a rolling road remap to get everything running in sync ;) I am spending over 3grand (including buying the williams engine) to get decent horse power but it's something I have wanted to do for ages. To me, this money is most definitly being put to good use :lol: