PDA

View Full Version : Car broken into, 2 weeks after being hit!!

olliemk1
09-11-2006, 22:14
Window smashed, the bastards have completely ripped the stereo out along with the cigarette lighter and surround (so I need a new one if anyone has it), broken the glove compartment lid, taken my road angel out of the boot as well. My short period of Williams ownership hasn't exactly been happy.

The car seems to be cursed...nothing ever happened when I had the ITR. I'm going to fix it up and sell it cos it's causing me so much grief :x

jwarren2k2
09-11-2006, 22:17
thats really bad news mate, sorry to hear it.

Will you be getting an ITR again then?

Winston
09-11-2006, 22:19
Real shitter dude!!! Ive only had crap stole out of my clio ..unlucky

Ive got the bits your looking for in my huge clear out thread

olliemk1
09-11-2006, 22:20
Unfortunately not. The reason I sold it was to get a cheaper car and a bike, so I took my time and found a mint Williams...which seems to attract damage like a magnet :cry:

Despite being parked under my flats it still got broken into, and that was without ANYTHING on display at all. I think it's time I got a dirt cheap diesel :(

olliemk1
09-11-2006, 22:21
Thanks Winston! I'll have a ganders....

FATBOY
09-11-2006, 22:38
sorry to hear mate!!! theres bastards out there!!!!! but DONT give up yet! dont let these cunts stop you from having what you want... is there any other was you can secure the car??? garage??? (find a cheap garage to rent??? also look at some of the obvious things to help with security(remove fascia panel,any valuables,and leave the glovebox open)

MattyH16valver
09-11-2006, 23:17
Shit m8....scum of the earth jealous ****ers....hope u get sorted

kj16v
10-11-2006, 00:05
Sorry to hear that, but on this occasion it was your own silly fault for leaving your radio on display. People leave all sorts of shit lying around their car and then moan when it gets broken into. Scumbags break into cars even with the best alarms and nothing on display, but don't give them an excuse

Joel
10-11-2006, 00:21
Tossers really annoys me this!!!!

n sorry 2 hear this

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 08:35
Sorry to hear that, but on this occasion it was your own silly fault for leaving your radio on display. People leave all sorts of s**t lying around their car and then moan when it gets broken into. Scumbags break into cars even with the best alarms and nothing on display, but don't give them an excuse

I told myself it was my fault, but the thing is the face panel was removed and I'd left the glove box open. Problem was I'd put both of these items in the boot. I think they must have scoured around the car looking for them before they found them there. I'm kicking myself for it because they were obviously opportunists.

This all happened on a day when I managed to stop a disabled woman's wheelchair toppling over at a pelican crossing, and helping an old blind lady across a road whilst out running. Just shows the mentality of some people.

I'm not really happy to rent a garage when I've got covered parking at my flat. I don't use the car every day but it is very convenient. I just can't believe this...think it's time I moved :cry:

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 08:38
The items will probably turn up on eBay...some are so obviously stolen:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Road-Angel-Two_W0QQitemZ180049208587QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14935Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kj16v
10-11-2006, 10:01
I told myself it was my fault, but the thing is the face panel was removed and I'd left the glove box open. Problem was I'd put both of these items in the boot. I think they must have scoured around the car looking for them before they found them there. I'm kicking myself for it because they were obviously opportunists.

That's what I do (well, DID from now on) :shock: My apologies. Cunts. You do as much as you can be the ****ers keep trying. :roll:

Why should you have to rent a garage just cuz some waster can't be arsed to work for his heroin or whatever :roll: :roll:

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 10:17
Exactly...

I've just been out to put some plastic in the window, they've completely ripped the car to bits. Been through the boot (had the courtesy to close it) but pulled off loads of trim, pulled out the pressure sensor leads to the seats (properly ripped out)...what the **** was the point? I can't see how to put them back in either :roll:

Absolute nightmare. Just hope I can get the car sorted asap :(

nyk
10-11-2006, 10:18
my window got kicked in about 7 months ago, and my apm out the boot stolen along with all my CD's and my remote for my head unit (strangely enuf they didnt take the sub, prob couldnt carry it!!).

I was only grateful it was only a window and they didnt try bending the door back or anything stupid like that.

It's a realt shitter when this happens, I had nothing at all on display in my car, I ritually take my front from my head unit in the house, always fit my steering lock and the car has a CAT1 alarm. But they didnt even attempt to take the car.

Thing is, the scum bags look at a nice car and think oh that must have subs/amps/sat nav.

Sad to hear.....

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 10:59
Yeah I think that's it nyk. It's so infuriating.

Thing is they smashed the window in on the door that was hit the other week...I'm glad I haven't already replaced it!

Cheeky ****ers also took my note saying "awaiting permit" and stuck it under my wiper blade :x

nyk
10-11-2006, 11:01
dont let it put you off the car mate.

:lol: :lol:

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 11:04
I won't...but I bought it mint and have spent about 900 quid on it since getting various little things sorted :cry:

Such a moneypit!

gtbloke
10-11-2006, 11:21
I had this not so long back... sum jealous fekker put my window thru on the valver for no apparent reason... i still think its some1 i work with who is always blabbin on about how nice my car is :evil: mebbe i shud just deck him to be sure :P

feel for you mate but dont sell your car just cos of some jealous little pen1s!!

Allan
10-11-2006, 12:18
yeah had all my head unit sub and speakers ripped from my clio last year :S

was very anoying they poped the drivers side lock luckly they didnt do any damage to the car other then the locks and leaving loads of lose live wires in the car.

and about a week later Summy's miss's pug got the door bent back and nothing was nicked as nothing was in it :S

just random bending of the door :S

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 16:59
That happened to my Mk1 GTI as a student. Had the front quarter light smashed...alarm went off and obviously scared them away.

Just because they can't be bothered to work for their heroin :roll:

Anyway I'm not letting it bother me. It's great that there are some really helpful people on here...already managed to source all the parts I need :)

willy3ams
10-11-2006, 17:35
sorry to hear your news.. dont give up on the car. :(

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 20:57
Thanks mate...in fact thanks everyone. Nice to know this is a really supportive forum :)

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 21:01
Damn the no edit function!

I think I'm just going to have to sell up and forgo decent cars for a while. Whilst I had my ITR I was living with my girlfriend in a flat with true underground parking and it was completely secure.

Cars are always getting broken into where I live now. I don't think it's worth having anything nice in the car park here. It's so easy for people to get in and out :x

I'll probably just get something like a 306DTurbo for <£1k and wait until I can afford to buy somewhere with a properly secure car park until I have another 'nice' car. When I next move I want to be buying a place (hopefully when I become a fully qualified chartered accountant in about 18 months)...then the cash'll be coming in and I won't have to worry about stuff like this happening :roll: It's not long really, and I'll have a bike for fun in the meantime! The thiefs here only want things out of cars, they're not interested in taking the most valuable items...too high risk for them I guess :?

wavy
10-11-2006, 21:08
(hopefully when I become a fully qualified chartered accountant in about 18 months)

sureley u can swindle some money sooner than that m8

only messin :lol:

olliemk1
10-11-2006, 21:17
:lol:

I could do very immoral things now that I'm working in corporate finance...i.e. I know which companies are about to float/privatise, so I could buy and sell shares at exactly the right moment. Only thing is I go to jail and get a big fine if I get caught :lol: