PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a strut brace

NAPLES VALVER 123
08-11-2006, 12:21
I recently purchased a strut brace of ebay, it didnt come with any fitting instructions are bolts :(

Can i just use some bolts from local car shop or do theyhave to be a speacial part form the maker of the strutbrace? :?

Also do i have to relocate anything as the ingnition module seems to be in the way? :roll:

is there any guides on here? :)

any advice would be great :)

thanks 8)

TriO`
08-11-2006, 13:05
not sure about the bolts but i think you can just turn the ignition module upsidedown to get it out of the way.

been meaning to fit mine for about a year now lol

pat_986
08-11-2006, 13:34
Most come with a plate that goes onto the coil pack hangers, then you just bolt on the coil at the bottom of the plate.

As for the bolts, Normally they come with 'self tapping' bolts...they are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, You just want some decent grade bolts.

However, strut brace's sometimes are fitted just for 'look' and some people feel they do very little, Because of this sometimes the self tappers will do.

I have one on my Valver and notice VERY LITTLE difference once fitted, Mide you I have a sunroof that is not helping anyone!

lumoxs
08-11-2006, 19:49
i'll be doing a how too guide soon as i'm fitting mine this weekend

snowman
08-11-2006, 20:18
Ive got a polished strut brace but im wary of fitting it as ive heard they can help crease your roof by the sunroof???

lumoxs
08-11-2006, 20:23
not heard that before mate

number1
08-11-2006, 20:32
my last valver bent the roof by the sunroof, caused it to start leaking, havent got one on my latest and the roof leaks anyway, time to fit a brace then lol

Dave

snowman
08-11-2006, 20:41
Do the front struts have to be removed to torque up the fixings,dont fancy this self tapping nonsense?

lumoxs
08-11-2006, 20:44
i'm going to drill 3 holes, and use nuts and bolts to tighten up - as K-Tec suggested

:lol: @ dave

remix16V
08-11-2006, 22:56
i had to drop the coil pack bit usin tht bracket sum1 sed about and turn the other bit upside down.
i just used these screws tht are like self tappers but are alot fatter and have flat tops so act like they have washers, if your quick TLCs wholesalers have free sample packs on there counters but this was a cuple of weeks ago!

NAPLES VALVER 123
09-11-2006, 23:08
i'll be doing a how too guide soon as i'm fitting mine this weekend

please do that would be a great help 8)