PDA

View Full Version : Time

Coops
07-11-2006, 21:35
who has a house or a missus or both and finds that they have no time for their beloved affair with the french stunner on the driveway?

am recently coming to realise I literally have no time to spend on the car and if i do i get nothing but grief because of it!

gripe over but am just interested to know how everyone else does?! :P

Fusionrs
07-11-2006, 21:38
I know where your coming from matey.

I got house and live in g/f. Plus the cars not at my house its down my workshop about 3 miles away so its a bit of a chew to get down there to work on it!

I only seem to get down there thursady nights and sundays when shes at work and i need to get the bloody thing track ready for next year!!

Coops
07-11-2006, 21:40
mines sat less than 5 metres from where am sat now and i cant get near it without the eyeballs of the better half rolling! :lol:

Fusionrs
07-11-2006, 21:43
Haha i get more hammer for lurking on the net hunting down parts and generally looking at shite tbh

Coops
07-11-2006, 21:44
seem to manage to fly under the radar on that one, shes as bad as me, browin for cloths etc! shes watchin trinny n suzana shite atm n all so all clear! :P

Fusionrs
07-11-2006, 21:46
Ditto mines watching them silly bints and doing some college work so im all safe till 9!!

Chris H
07-11-2006, 21:52
how long you been together?

Trust me after a year or so you'll be both be "aye whatever go do what you want"

Me and the mrs are and its great.

I'm really glad shes not clingy and all over me all the bastard time "what ya doing?" "are you looking at her?" "you love that car more than me" etc

Instead she says "aye whatever" and I do the same, took a few months but she got used to me.

WOMEN know your place :lol:

Fusionrs
07-11-2006, 21:54
Been together just over 18 months and to be fair i get away with a lot!

nyk
07-11-2006, 22:45
You guys should live by my motto:

Love me, love my clio!!

LOL

fasterthanjesus
07-11-2006, 23:28
been together 5 years with the misses, married now with a 6 month old.

its impossible to do anything at weekends with the old french girl. im waiting for the young 'n to be about 1, then i can safely pop him in a recarro child seat, and take him out at weekends.

as for now, i cant fit the pram in the boot, the misses says the cars too loud, uncomfortable and not practicle.

its a big battle just to keep the car!

theres a host of galaxys, hondas, ford kas, plaindulleverydonofuntodrive cars that i simply couldnt muster the energy to get out of bed in the morning for. i travel 70 miles a day for work, and its a bloody good excuse to get out of bed in the morning!

dan 16v
08-11-2006, 09:36
im only 21 living with my gf in a flat and i dont get a chance to spend much time on my clio. Hoping to get a house with a garage next year so I can take it off the road and get another half decent for us.

MatBrown
08-11-2006, 13:51
I have a house with a garage and a g/f, luckily i work shifts so can start working on something before she comes home, and obviously i can't leave it unfinished! :wink:

Mat.

lewis_willy2
08-11-2006, 18:12
ive been with the missus for 2 years and i get serious agro bout being on here and hunting for parts and info etc. my missus says 'thats it you talk to your friends in the laptop'!!

but when it comes to doing work on it shes spot on and never moans aslong as i tell her in advance.

lewis

northy
08-11-2006, 18:17
I'm really glad shes not clingy and all over me all the B**t**d time "what ya doing?" "are you looking at her?" "you love that car more than me" etc

didnt know u had met our lass !

cliorod
08-11-2006, 19:28
I must have a wife in a million :lol: :wink: :lol:,I get no grief ever,over my cars,As Bayliss,Flan,2Live,Gunner will agree ~~ they have all been to our house,2 road Clios,plus a Rally car on the drive :roll: :roll: ~~ waiting for me to a drop and engine/box in it.Plus my "proper" Rally car at my mates garage,still being built :oops: :oops: .My garage currently has a my new gearbox in it,plus a valver engine,Renault spares a plenty.two '65 Triumph motorcycles ( more projects ~ Restorations).
Never any grief, :wink: :wink:
She got very dissapointed when,The Rally car was not ready for Mull though :twisted: :twisted:

Bayliss
08-11-2006, 21:30
I'm really glad shes not clingy and all over me all the B**t**d time "what ya doing?" "are you looking at her?" "you love that car more than me" etc

didnt know u had met our lass !

ditto didn't know u'd met our lass either, but she knows she comes second to the sexy french beasts (yes both of them 182 & hybrid)