PDA

View Full Version : ABS and airbag for MOT

MattyH16valver
06-11-2006, 15:03
Hi, I was just wondering whether u can get away with taking the bulbs out on the instrument panel for the abs and airbag, and neither work......do the lights have to come on and go out to pass an MOT? If they do.....I'm fooked! Matt :shock:

Lunner
06-11-2006, 15:27
If tehy light up they must go off, they just can';t stay on

Air bag light problem ca be solved by removing centre console and unplugging air bag control unit under tehre, and AFAIK the ABS can be solved by simply disconnecting the ABS unit, well worked for my old hybrid

MattyH16valver
06-11-2006, 16:01
Thanks m8, don't think the airbag one is coming on actually, as the bulb has been removed, but i'll definately try unplugging the ABS unit though. Would'nt a garage query this if they saw u have an ABS unit and its unplugged and no light comes on? :lol:

Lunner
06-11-2006, 16:02
dunno mate, never went for an MOT in mine

Daz.
06-11-2006, 18:01
both my bulbs on the valver were on so I took them out come 3 mot times and passed all 3 :D

They deffo didn't check the abs unit to see if existed, thought they might mention the airbag was there and there was no bulb on the dash but they just ignored that and gave me a shiny piece of paper

MattyH16valver
06-11-2006, 19:09
both my bulbs on the valver were on so I took them out come 3 mot times and passed all 3 :D

They deffo didn't check the abs unit to see if existed, thought they might mention the airbag was there and there was no bulb on the dash but they just ignored that and gave me a shiny piece of paper

Cool....I'll just take the bulbs out then. 8)