PDA

View Full Version : lightweight windows

Dancliovalver
06-11-2006, 11:24
would anybody be interested in a group buy on a set of perspex windows after crimbo all depending on how much we can get em down to??

gonna ring round a few companies and see how much the would be fully fitted, if we get enuogh interest i will try and make it happen 8)
cheers guys n gals

Martin
08-11-2006, 13:29
Fit em yourself you lazy bastid even I can do it lol

Might be interested in rear 1/4s and rear screen..

stew
08-11-2006, 14:46
Might be interested in rear 1/4s and rear screen..

Yeah rear 1/4's and rear screen sounds good to me.

Stop being a couple of gheys! :roll:

Get the fronts as well, just go for no sliders. Sliders are a pain and as martin prob knows leak like a sive. But std ones will work on elec or manual winders, and so are worth it.

Prob wouldnt be that much more, espesh with a group buy.

Im sure you could get a decent discount on these like.

nyk
08-11-2006, 15:05
The rear windscreen is expensive guys.

Just bought my full kit and the rear screen was the most expensive, has to be pattern moulded cos apparently its curved, which I never knew or noticed before.

stew
08-11-2006, 15:09
Shut it Stew, we're not the ghey boy's who have girly Valver track.... :razz:

But yeah if the fronts will work as normal I'll have some of that, don't fancy just having the sunroof to get some cold air in.

:oops:

*crying in the corner*

its on the to-do-list, along with manual steering, rebuilt engine, willy box, etc etc etc etc but imo the valver track worked quite well round cadwell, and i didnt destroy the arches! :wink: thats the main worry for me with williams track. ive even seen -25mm springs on williams fowl the arches slightly!

:(

stew
08-11-2006, 15:26
:ooomg: :gun:

Dancliovalver
08-11-2006, 18:52
kool so least we have a little interest, ill have a ring round 8)

Winston
08-11-2006, 18:54
Track cars with interior and dashes are ghey :lol:

jay s
08-11-2006, 19:44
id be up for some plastic windows :D

HYBRID_HAZ
09-11-2006, 01:29
I could be interested in sides with no sliders. Already have the rear screen

Martin
09-11-2006, 09:16
The rear windscreen is expensive guys.

Just bought my full kit and the rear screen was the most expensive, has to be pattern moulded cos apparently its curved, which I never knew or noticed before.

You can buy a flat version for less...won't fit in the stnd seal though. But I'm sure I bought the lot for under 200 notes the prices seem to have skyrocketed!

Tailgate skin & polycarb would be an uber weight saving though..... 8)

stew
09-11-2006, 09:37
i dont think they have gone up too much mate.

i paid £235 all in inc delivery to scotland. would have been £220 otherwise.

thats for moulded rear screen, rear 1/4's and fronts with both slider kits.

the sliders are 20 quid each, so thats 180 irrc inc P&P for everything without the sliders (which imo are a bit overkill - but save having the window regulators etc).

moulded rear screen is esential IMO.

still not bad price. thru a group discount you could get that down a bit i reckon.

speak to www.plastics4performance.co.uk. they seem to be the best and most helpful imo!

Dancliovalver
09-11-2006, 23:56
kool cheers stew, i will give em a ring tomorrow!!!

Are they easy to fit urself??

arj256
10-11-2006, 00:51
Id be interested in a moulded rear screen and rear 1/4's.

stew
10-11-2006, 12:05
kool cheers stew, i will give em a ring tomorrow!!!

Are they easy to fit urself??

yeah. fit perfectly. very impressed with the product and service from the company.

PM me if you want anymore details mate.

evouk
29-11-2006, 10:34
might be interested in rear 1/4 and rear window

HYBRID_HAZ
05-01-2007, 22:09
What happened with this?

Winston
05-01-2007, 22:12
indeed :D

Stoker Willi 1 303
08-03-2007, 02:08
I only found this section the other day and ain't been off it since.
get the plaki windows sorted my track rsi is getting wet and looks very sad with bin bags covering the rear 1/4 :cry: . i would be up for the full set at the right price.
why can't i go to b+q buy a big sheet and use old windows as a template :? :? exc rear screen?? cause of the curve.

stevie_b
08-03-2007, 09:39
why can't i go to b+q buy a big sheet and use old windows as a template :? :? exc rear screen?? cause of the curve.

Others have done it, so yes it's possible. The rear screen would be flatter but I heard someone say they even got that sorted by laying the poly one over their original glass screen and heating it gently until it adopted the same shape. I was going to give it a go but had trouble sourcing the right kind of poly that would meet MSA regs. B&Q near me certainly didn't stock anything that would do the job, and neither did any of the window outlets I went to, so I bought them made in the end.

Stoker Willi 1 303
08-03-2007, 14:46
It wouldn't matter about the MSA regs as we only have 1 track and that is priv owned and rented out once a month to the 'duke track day for cars' the rest of the weekends are taken up with 2wheel action :roll:

So i might actually do it then, after all its only a track car :P i was only messin when i said that too so glad to hear it can be done with a little D.I.Y action. as long as i'v got somethin see through they wont mind but would make as tidy a job as possible, don't wanna get wet :oops:

£30 gets you a massive sheet of it. prob need 2.

B+Q ere i come :arrow:

Dancliovalver
08-03-2007, 16:05
It wouldn't matter about the MSA regs as we only have 1 track and that is priv owned and rented out once a month to the 'duke track day for cars' the rest of the weekends are taken up with 2wheel action :roll:

So i might actually do it then, after all its only a track car :P i was only messin when i said that too so glad to hear it can be done with a little D.I.Y action. as long as i'v got somethin see through they wont mind but would make as tidy a job as possible, don't wanna get wet :oops:

£30 gets you a massive sheet of it. prob need 2.

B+Q ere i come :arrow:

let me no how it goes mate coz i mite have a crack myself :lol:

stew
08-03-2007, 20:01
imo diy will be crap

stuff b&q sell is too brittle imo.

the rear screen will be a bitch to fit as it wont be moulded!

Stoker Willi 1 303
08-03-2007, 22:52
my mate has a swift rally car and he used a heat gun to make his more playfull and flexible to mould :?
been speakin to him tonight bout it i thought he had bought em but he done his himself too so looks like the diy way is the way forward. after all its only a track or rally slag!! don't get me wrong there is no way i would do anythin like this to the willy
his are mint but he had to bond his rear 1/4 in and bond/rivet the tailgate but that looks pretty cool to with ali rivet heads neatly round the edge :wink:

: heat gun
x2 lrg perx sheets
very sharp stanley blade
perminent marker {not too perminent}
steady hand :wink:
sorted .............i think

i'l let you know

8)

cliolord
16-03-2007, 20:34
are you still doing this as I will be interested lads 8)

AndyFielder
09-06-2007, 07:17
indeed... also interest from me!

Andy

matty w
09-06-2007, 10:23
and me at the right price

Bailey_1260
09-06-2007, 13:26
In at the right price :D

AndyFielder
08-07-2007, 09:41
Emails plastics4performance... will see what they say about it.

AndyFielder
17-07-2007, 12:52
4mm clear FLEXIGLASS @ £180.00 + VAT
4mm clear, Bronze or Grey POLYCARBONATE @ £200.00 +VAT
4mm clear LEXAN MARGARD POLYCARBONATE @ £380.00 + VAT

Slider Kits @ £20.00 + VAT per door and are fully installed

Shipping to mainland UK is approx £15.00 + VAT

Who would be upfor some as i want to get mine ordered.

They take 2 weeks to be created.