PDA

View Full Version : weird miss fire...willy3

andywilliams
05-11-2006, 23:21
Just a very quick question,

I have a really strange kinda miss-fire... it only happens occasionally and is normally when I am doing 1 of 2 things...

holding revs...around 3.5k-4k... its almost like the engine cuts out and cuts back in really fast...

the other time it happens is when im accelerating, in 3rd and 4th...at 4-5k+

I am thinking change plugs etc, im also getting a new chip (dno if this could effect)...has anyone else had this problem..?

Admitidly its very occasional, but I would prefer it to be never!

Ideas?

Andy

kj16v
06-11-2006, 01:45
I get exactly the same problem but at 2k rpm Checked out ICV and sparks/leads/dizzy, wasted £40 on diagnostics. Nothing.

Lunner
06-11-2006, 10:24
checked fuel pump?

andywilliams
06-11-2006, 14:05
no i haven't now you mention it... this a likely cause you think?

cheers

andy

Lunner
06-11-2006, 15:20
given that its at high revs or when holding it at highish revs yeah, does it do it if you old it at 5-6k revs

andywilliams
06-11-2006, 17:57
has never done it when "holding" at high revs...i.e. 4th gear on the motorway is fine....(but tbh i dont really do an awful lot of motorway driving and i dont tend to hold it at 5-6 round town lol)

it only appears to do it...when settled at around 3-4k

or when hard accel in 3rd/4th... up higher in the revs..

Lunner
06-11-2006, 18:01
First i'd check/replace the HT leeds, plugs dizzy etc, then swap fuel filter then check the fuel pump (shoudl pump a certain amoutn out ijna certain amoutn of time, then replace coil pack

Always start with the cheapest/easiest thing to do

andywilliams
06-11-2006, 18:37
First i'd check/replace the HT leeds, plugs dizzy etc, then swap fuel filter then check the fuel pump (shoudl pump a certain amoutn out ijna certain amoutn of time, then replace coil pack

Always start with the cheapest/easiest thing to do

- HT's new
- I'll replace plugs asap
- Then Dizzy
- Just had a new fuel filter (note its been better after this)
- I'll see how much a new pump is...

Thanks very much for your help

Andy

Lunner
06-11-2006, 18:40
If its been better after a new filter i'd say that defo points towards fuel pump, could try replacing teh filter again, if crap got backed up, for teh sake of a tenner or so......and if that don't make any difference you have a spare then

martinjw_dton
10-11-2006, 13:35
i had a similar problem i just bought my valver and it was misfiring check the ignition plugs