PDA

View Full Version : Dampness in rear passernger side foot well?

Enid
27-04-2005, 14:27
I always keep a road map on the floor in rear passenger side foot well and when I went to use it the other day it was soaking wet. Lifter up the mats the the carpet is very damp. Obviosly I have a leak somewhere, how the hell do I go about locating the leak and fixing it??

Tommo
27-04-2005, 15:02
Sounds like the heater matrix is f*cked

Check the heaters are working, if not and the windows steam up the heater matrix has gone, don't know what else it could be pal!

Enid
27-04-2005, 15:19
The heaters work fine, dont see how that relates to a damp rear foot well?? I the only way i can think of locating the leak would be to strip the carpet out the rear, take the rear seat out tand then run a hose over the car to see where the water is geting in?

Tommo
27-04-2005, 15:26
Sorry, thought you meant the front passenger footwell I'm having a bit of a thick day! Matrix went on my old 306 and water used to piss onto the footwell from behind the glove box, don't know if it's the rear mate...

Enid
27-04-2005, 15:30
Hehe, looks like i'll have to pull the car to bits to find it lol. Damn shame my map got ruined :x

VIPERONE
28-04-2005, 00:59
lool... check under the car that all bungs and grommetsare in and all the bolts are in place....other wise instruct you passengers to wear their collostamy bags en route.

Enid
30-04-2005, 17:33
Well I took out the front and rear seats today and removed the carpet. The foam backed rubber matting under the carpet was absolutly soaked gave it a squeeze and the water pored out of it :shock: The front passenfer footwell was soaking as well. I now think thats where the water may be leaking from, possibly from somewhere around the washer bottle???