PDA

View Full Version : changin cambelt?

obie_shaun996
04-11-2006, 23:44
how easy is it changin a cambelt on a clio16v? an water pump?

donsrno1
04-11-2006, 23:50
it's a bitch, lol. Never done it myself but I know from others that it's a nightmare just because of the lack of room. Someone else who has done it will be able to give you more detail though.

Chris H
05-11-2006, 01:01
not terribly easy due to access.

the worst bit in all honesty is the damn gay aux belt tensioner set up, undo the alt bracket to remove the aux belt.

You don;t have to remove the lower rear cambelt cover to do the tensioners just pull it forward a bit, when you remove the idle thats when you can get the water pump out easy peasy.

Lunner
05-11-2006, 15:15
When i came to do mine i found there was one of the torx bolts even with an allen key type torx bit (ie L shaped) that i just physically coldn't get to no matter how much i jacker up or lowered the engine, so engine is coming out to swap the crank shaft oil seal.

It was the front lower bolt that i coudln't get to, the rear lower one was a cunt, but just possible

Coops
05-11-2006, 15:22
When i came to do mine i found there was one of the torx bolts even with an allen key type torx bit (ie L shaped) that i just physically coldn't get to no matter how much i jacker up or lowered the engine, so engine is coming out to swap the crank shaft oil seal.

It was the front lower bolt that i coudln't get to, the rear lower one was a c**t, but just possible

on the top cam belt cover? i used a torx bit for a slot in screw driver (its like 13mm long max) then a ring spanned over it 8)

Lunner
05-11-2006, 15:39
Ahhh, clever!!

Never even thought of that :roll: