PDA

View Full Version : Heater Matrix Renewal!

debottomley
03-11-2006, 20:49
Have decided tomorrow after work dash must come out to replace heater matrix! Have put up with crap heater for too long now and fed up with strange looks in morning as I make my way to work in a icy box donned with several layers of clothing! Anyone on here done one as im looking for approximate time for job? and also is it as much a pain in the arse as it looks? Might find that strange rattle behind dash too? Any comments greatly appreciated guys!

summeh
03-11-2006, 22:51
hehe, good luck.

debottomley
04-11-2006, 00:15
Thanks pal! will report back on how I get on. Might have to run around with no dash for few days though!

BristolSam16v
04-11-2006, 02:52
As above lol, take loads of pics thou if u can as I think I mite do this soon!

Lunner
04-11-2006, 09:01
Not too hard tbh

Took me about 6 hours

Lifting teh dash back up is a pain in teh ass, no rivets ahve to be drilled out either btw

Just pull dash forwards and unplug all the wires from connector blocks at top right and left, and then best to get heater matrix out passenger side under the dash i found

debottomley
04-11-2006, 14:00
Dash officially out! in about 2 hours with help of mate! now having to run around with no dash, everything essential cable tied back in! Having to order matrix and should get next week!would take pictures but no digital camera, I shall attempt to borrow one and snap away!Gives me an oppurtunity to include my cobra alarm and push button start into original loom though so it will all be super neat when it goes back in! Ill keep you all posted!

BristolSam16v
04-11-2006, 15:45
Dash officially out! in about 2 hours with help of mate! now having to run around with no dash, everything essential cable tied back in! Having to order matrix and should get next week!would take pictures but no digital camera, I shall attempt to borrow one and snap away!Gives me an oppurtunity to include my cobra alarm and push button start into original loom though so it will all be super neat when it goes back in! Ill keep you all posted!
Really appreciate if u cud get those pics so I know what Im up against!

Did you drill out the rivets or not bother?

Lunner
04-11-2006, 15:58
Don't need t drill out rivets as stated above, the light colourred plastic bit is attached to the dash and comes out with

jay s
04-11-2006, 17:24
pics would be great as i need to do this, looks like its gonna be cold this winter and my matrix has been ****ed sincer last year :(

debottomley
08-11-2006, 18:49
Heater matrix renewed, took another hour or so to strip scuttle panel and heater and wiper motors to eventually move heater box enough to get matrix out. It looked ok to untill out of curiosity I popped end off to reveal it was completely blocked with crap!New one all fitted thanks to GSFs swift delivery to my work costing about £35. All back together except for dash as didnt have time! pics to follow guys as soon as I can! cant believe the difference now feels like ive moved to the tropics! engine running temp lower and more stable too! Coolant system all flushed too and coolant replaced with Land Rovers finest bright orange coolant courtesy of work, if its good enough for footballers cars its good enough for the little clio!

BristolSam16v
08-11-2006, 19:19
Nice one!! Really need to do this soon feels like I've got AC atm :(
pics!!! :p

debottomley
08-11-2006, 19:35
Pics to follow soon I promise mate! would say though it is quite a job, not for faint hearted either as you really do have to take your pride and joy and pull it to pieces!

dan-hipgrave
08-11-2006, 23:12
May do mine this weekend - i get ice on the inside of the windscreen, no joke :shock:

number1
09-11-2006, 00:31
Looks like my sunday may be taken up, should do something productive instead of spending money i earn, already got the matrix, over a month ago, getting cold now.....

Dave

BristolSam16v
09-11-2006, 01:41
May do mine this weekend - i get ice on the inside of the windscreen, no joke :shock:
lmao i used to get that :(

NAPLES VALVER 123
17-12-2006, 23:36
did you mange to get any pictures of doing this as im planning on doing mine soon?

any other advice?

VIPERONE
18-12-2006, 00:44
i can remember doing this- it was a tw@t to do

Danny Lee
28-12-2006, 19:24
any news on these pics?

Lunner
28-12-2006, 23:03
No pics, sorry but i ahven't got time to keep stopping to take pics mid way through a job, its one of those things you need to be confidant about or you can end up with all sorts of problems if you pull wires out etc, tbh if you aren't confidant doing it dont' bother.

Gibbo its a piece of piss man, worst but was trying to lift the ****ing dash back up inot position, man that thing is ****ing heavy