PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody mated a straight throu devil sys with dif B.Box?

mozzawily
03-11-2006, 13:41
Hi guys, dont know if anybody has red my previous post but basically i need a new back box as my devil one is well and truly gone, im running a whole Devil straight through system at the moemnt what i need to know is has anybody ever used a different back box other than a Devil one as they are hard to replace?

I presume all makes of back boxes pipe goes over the rear axels?

Also worried about varing Diamaters of back boxes fitting onto my system.

Will this Devil back box fit onto my existing system (it looks different to my current back box)

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=DEV50311

Ahhhh

Hope somebody can shed some light on it.

MatBrown
03-11-2006, 16:20
I have a Devil straight through mid section and a magnex backbox/ U-bend.

Mat.

mozzawily
03-11-2006, 16:59
Really? I red somewhere that the diameters are different, was it just a straight fit?

Theres a williams back box for sale on ebay would this be sufficient?

Was the U bend part of the magnex exhaust? or additional part which i will need?

Thanks

Dave

MatBrown
03-11-2006, 18:15
It was previously a full magnex system but the midsection gave in so i cut the end off it to use as a U-bend and got the end flared out so that it would mate to the devil.

Mat.

mozzawily
03-11-2006, 18:30
So it wasnt an exact fit then...... magnex is slightly bigger by the sounds of it.

What a nightmare, chaces of getting a devil back box are slim, gunna ring demon tweaks up at the weekend see if the link posted above is the right one for my car, it dont look like it from the picture!

Happy days

MatBrown
03-11-2006, 20:22
So it wasnt an exact fit then...... magnex is slightly bigger by the sounds of it.

Not really, they just join together in different ways.

Mat.

FATBOY
03-11-2006, 21:16
i may have a devil back box spare? i currently have 2 of them(bass direct has hold of it for me as lunner gave it to him to give to me,as bass direct lives nearer to me than lunner) i think the one he has for me is a bit more polished up than my existing back box so i will probs be swapping them over, thus leaving one spare

mozzawily
04-11-2006, 12:47
Fatboy you have mail!