PDA

View Full Version : 3 Problems ???????

NAPLES VALVER 123
02-11-2006, 22:32
1) The gear stick moves when accelerating and when you let off, it jerks backwards and forwards throwing the gear stick around. :shock: :?
the previous owmer said he had all engine and gearbox mounts done and the dog bone mount, what else could cause this :?:

2) Since ive lowered the car theres a knocking noice coming from under the car, i have took the torsion bars bk out and greased them up again etc and it all looks ok. it sounds like the exhaust could b knocking but when we shake it it doesnt make any noice at all :?:

3) when on dual carrigeway and getting the revs high theres a high pitch noice coming from the passanger footwell, then as soon as you slow down it goes away. This noice is like a whining squeling loud noice :?

Sorry for the essay, just need some help or info.
Thank you. :)

Andyvalver
02-11-2006, 22:35
1. Dunno, ive changed all my mounts and mine does it a bit too.

2 Probably is the exhaust tbh

3 Maybe a wheel bearing or sequeeking pads

4 Welcome 8)

stew
02-11-2006, 22:54
1. really common. try a R19 gearbox mount if it annoys u.

2.almost def exhaust rattling off rear beam.

3.wheel bearing is most likely.

4.welcome also! 8)

mattyc
03-11-2006, 12:01
3) when on dual carrigeway and getting the revs high theres a high pitch noice coming from the passanger footwell, then as soon as you slow down it goes away. This noice is like a whining squeling loud noice

I think i have exactly the same as this m8, i made a post earlyer! i'd be interested to find out if anyone knows what it is. Im pretty sure it isn't a wheel bearing.

arj256
03-11-2006, 12:04
3) Is you heater matrix, i had that in my valver, made a high pitch noise which got louder with revs.

You may find that your heaters are not very warm. Tbhe easiest fix is to keep on flushing the fluid and bleed the system well.
If that fails you may need a new heater matrix.

mattyc
03-11-2006, 12:09
Did you end up getting a new heater matrix then arj? why does it get louder with the revs? is well weird!

Its the most annoying noise EVER lol

arj256
03-11-2006, 12:37
As the more revs you have, the faster the waterpump spins thus more water circulating through the cooling system.

Well i gave it a re-bleed and it was silent for ages. Then i came round to bleeding it again and it came back. So i didnt replace the heater matrix in the end.

Summeh had the same problem, and since his rebuild the noise hasnt come back, so id say give the coolant a good bleed etc.

NAPLES VALVER 123
05-11-2006, 19:11
I think i have exactly the same as this m8, i made a post earlyer! i'd be interested to find out if anyone knows what it is. Im pretty sure it isn't a wheel bearing.
It is very annoying, but touch wood mine stopped doing it, do you findyours only does it sometimes? :?

As for the gear stick jumping around i have took it to a reno speaclist and they had a quick look and he said they would try another dog bone mount but get a genuine reno one.

He said they are easy to fit so im going to have a go myself, is there any guides out there if not what do i have to do? do the bolts need to be torqued?when i did a search on the hear i read that you need to make sure the bolts goes in right way round, which way is this? The reason i ask is just incase the previous owner had the other done wrong.

many thanks for your help :)