PDA

View Full Version : STEERING AND BUSHES

wrighty
31-10-2006, 22:29
HELLO! At the risk of repeating what I am sure has been covered many times...........

The steering on my Williams 2 aint as good as it could be and after the nightmare I had sorting it on my old Williams 3 ranging from new rack etc I would appreciate any pointers!

I am definitely going to get the column welded and replace track rod ends rack bushes anyway but would like to do the bushes in the wishbones. I am doing all the work myself but have no idea on the wishbone bushes. Is it normally a case of being just as cheap to get new wishbones with bushes already in as it was on a previous car I had? If so where do you recommend getting the new wishbones from?

If it is better to replce the existing bushes I guess I will have to get a garage with a press to do it?

Thanks again for any help, I know there will be some good pointers that people have!

Paul

richy
31-10-2006, 22:36
i think its cheaper and easyier to go to GSF and buy 2 new wishbones, about £27 each +vat iirc, r19 16v there called from them

Lunner
04-11-2006, 09:17
Yopu can press the bearings out but you need something to press them inot, i used an old bearing shell, and something to press them through with, and cus if how they are made you need to use a vice rather than a hydrolic press

Chris H
05-11-2006, 01:02
just get new wishbones, much easier and cheaper and you get a nice new balljoint as well.