PDA

View Full Version : any1 elses aerial leaked?

Jamie.
26-04-2005, 23:03
got in it the other day an i thought it was the sunroof, but no it was the areial. gave the aerial a wiggle an it is a bit loose. is it on a nut and bolt that i can tighten up or do i need to silcone it a bit on the roof?

KingStromba
26-04-2005, 23:04
The nut is under the light i think. And take it off and seal it with silicon.

FATBOY
26-04-2005, 23:07
yeah mine leaked as well mate (dunno if it was sunroof or aerial) but hasnt leaked in ages tho!

Irish Nut
27-04-2005, 14:18
My aerial did this yesterday, just a little water sitting in the tray, gonna silcone it up later if it stays dry!

Purple
27-04-2005, 15:56
The original square-footprint aerial base on mine used to leak. Changed it to a round-footprint base (am told its from a Clio mk2) and it has not leaked for years.

Purple
28-04-2005, 00:45
The original square-footprint aerial base on mine used to leak. Changed it to a round-footprint base (am told its from a Clio mk2) and it has not leaked for years.

Sorry, correction on what I said earlier. I think I got it the other way round.

I just looked at the aerial again; the base I am using now has a squarish footprint, so the original must have been the round footprint. In any case, the squarish base has not leaked for a long time - and it's not even siliconed, just screw-tightened, that's all.

roffy
28-04-2005, 17:08
Mine has started leaking in the last few months, tightened the bolt and its got worse! need to seal it properly. put some vaseline out of my football bag on it for emergency measures and seems to have sealed it till i get time!