PDA

View Full Version : nirous!!??

Matt_16v
30-10-2006, 16:42
basically can i get away with it???

a mate of mine races his mg v8 at santa pod, and runs about 170bhp shot through it, he seems to think that my modded willy lump (stans almost finished it!) will be fine with a 50 shot through a progressive controller??

Didin't someone blow an engine up on here with the aid of nitrous??

lewis_willy2
30-10-2006, 17:00
wudnt risk it personally. sure it can handle it tho.

MAXIBOY
30-10-2006, 17:57
its safe enough if installed correctley

summeh
30-10-2006, 22:34
will be fine. Go for a wizards kit.

bill.
31-10-2006, 17:31
as above, had it on my valver for over a year with 50bhp jets and no controller, worked a treat, massive gains, and the kit will be going on my williams

DO IT!

Grovit
31-10-2006, 18:07
Total coincidence. :D

I had a drive of my friends Civic Type R this weekend with nitrous fitted - added 80bhp or so. I was most impressed.

The car had uprated 4 pots fitted and coilovers plus other bits so it wasn't totally overwhelmed by the NOS. The power increase was significant, which was obviously a lot of fun, however the most impressive aspect was the delivery.

I've always had a bit of a snobbish attitude to NOS tbh, what with the max power / fast & furious image it seems to have - after all it's just bottle, pipes, jets and spark plugs - always figured it would be a huge surge of power all in the one go and generally not very nice.

However this was a pukka bit of kit. Very progressive, very subtle and really quite sophisticated. The amount of gas released was dependant on engine revs and throttle position, so it didn't always dump a whole lot of gas when you didn't need it - just fed it through when you did.

Personally, I can't recall ever being so completely converted on a car tuning modification - it's definitely something that I'd look to do at a future stage. I would ensure though that the engine that I'd be fitting it to is in absolute tip top condition to handle the extra power.

bill.
01-11-2006, 09:59
what kit was he using mate?

Grovit
01-11-2006, 10:39
I don't know I'm afraid - but will try and find out :D

Dr_S
01-11-2006, 16:51
Go for it!

Use wet system ( adding NO2 and extra fuel)

No need to worry about engine damage.
Use nitro over 3500RPM!!!!
and cooler spark plugs

thelynx
02-11-2006, 00:20
I have nos planned for my trip to nurburg next year 8) fingers crossed