PDA

View Full Version : went to see a valver, need sum help

Ahmed Bayjoo
30-10-2006, 00:12
i went to see a valver today with my brother , his thinkin of buying it.

car seems fine all round , just when u start pushing it , towards the higher end of the rev range the gear lever vibrates , anything serious?

any other tips for things to look out for , the car is nice all round. took it for a test drive and runs really well. just sounds a bit tappety on start up and on de-acceleration

any help appreciated :)

MatBrown
30-10-2006, 00:36

car seems fine all round , just when u start pushing it , towards the higher end of the rev range the gear lever vibrates , anything serious?

Keep it below 3000rpm and it'll be fine! :wink:

Mat.

Andyvalver
30-10-2006, 00:39

Keep it below 3000rpm and it'll be fine! :wink:

Mat.

Very helpful lol

Sounds strange to me, maybe give it a miss or see what others say here

Ahmed Bayjoo
30-10-2006, 01:11
thanx for that matt :)

its not too bad in vibrating , but is def noticeable, thought it might something an upgraded dog bone mount might solve.

bass_direct
30-10-2006, 03:19
your in hackney? i'm about 15 minutes aaway

where is the car located? i could have look?

Mattie
30-10-2006, 20:18
havnt drove my car for about 4 months but im pretty sure mine vibrates as well....nothin major mind

Ahmed Bayjoo
30-10-2006, 21:25
nice one thnx, the car was in storage for a little while previously , its only just recently been taken out and is being sold.

its over due a service which could explain why it sounded tappety.

thanx yaz :D

Mattie
30-10-2006, 22:47
mine been stored for nrly 4 months now....since not using it much mines started soundin tappety as well! :evil:

Allan
31-10-2006, 10:44
i wouldnt worry they all sound that way :D

esp if they havent been run in a while, just get some decent oil in if you buy it will sort it right out :D

as for the gear stick not sure on that one possible its the dog bone but couldnt really say