PDA

View Full Version : willy manifold on a valver?

rt_blackpool
28-10-2006, 21:17
im sure i read somewhere on here that out of the 3 main options (valver one, willy one and a supersprint one) that having a willy manifold was the best all round option for a valver engine?

did i read right?

Laine_16v
28-10-2006, 21:22
Yes tried and tested by gunnergibson, the willy manifold gives best all round.

Also gave better results by wraping it in cermic wrap (i think it was that?)

TriO`
28-10-2006, 21:37
on a 2L that's what was said..

but i think the 1.8 performs best with the normal valver manifold because it helps with low down torque that the valver lacks...

a willy manifld on a valver would just make this lack of torque worse

Laine_16v
28-10-2006, 22:08
Wooops i read it as whats best for a willy engine sorry!

Valver manifold is best for a valve because it promoted more low/mid range torque.

rt_blackpool
29-10-2006, 08:02
ah right.....bugger! lol

i was hoping i could slap a willy one on and it wouldnt make too much diff, but if your saying id lose more low end torque then i'll leave as is! :)

the main i was thinking of changing it was the fact that the valver one looks so ugly and shity, plus i thought the willys rounder toubes would give more hand room down the back side of the engine.

while we're on the subject though, what gives the willy more low down torque than the 1.8 engine? surley it cant be the extra 0.2L?

Lunner
29-10-2006, 11:43
Can't think willy is better than the supersprint, gunner is soo full of shit sometimes lol

stew
29-10-2006, 14:58
^^ LOL

IIRC northy is running a bastardised version of the willy manifold on his cup car. willy manifold, then valver downpipe or something crazy. his 1800 engine aint eactly stock tho! :twisted:

for a valver stick with the valver manifold. give it a paint with high temp ceramic paint if it looks crap.

for a williams use the williams item or get a supersprint.