PDA

View Full Version : Plastics4performance

nyk
27-10-2006, 08:50
Just bought plastics for my windows on the project car with the little slidy open bits, also they're making me some door cards from perspex too.

Really helpful these guys, not over priced and based in Horwich.

www.plastics4performance.co.uk

Thought I'd share that with you in case anyone else was looking for some.

:lol: :lol:

Martin
27-10-2006, 08:58
Whats the point in getting lightweight windows in you are gonna have door cards lol even if they are made of perspex?

nyk
27-10-2006, 09:04
cos they're made of lightweight perspex. Really thin.

Especially for this purpose.

bill.
27-10-2006, 09:05
how much for the door cards?

nyk
27-10-2006, 09:20
25 a side. Specially made with hole for the door catch thingy and fitted.

They might be a tad more expensive if you buy only them tho, mine are discounted cos I'm buying all the windows as well.

:lol:

stew
27-10-2006, 12:10
hmmm....interesting! :oops:

what are the door cards like?

do they do them in different colours?

i cant have OE door cards coz of the door bars on my cage, but i want something light to cover the gap. was just gonna get some thin plastic sheeting and rivet it on.

i got my windows from there, and they were overly helpfull. great company, cant recommend them enough!

nyk
27-10-2006, 13:20
yeah they are really helpful and very knowledgeable, big recommendation.

The door cards are only 1.7mm thick, and are basically riveted on like you said. they do them in any colour you want with holes for your door lever or they can fit a pull chain release. I've bought a cage with removeable diagonal door bars, so if it causes a problem I'll keep them out. According to these guys tho, they should fit OK with the roll cage I've got but not sure if yours will be the same.

Wanted it to be practical but also to keep the theme of the car. Mine are being made in bright blue. Basically just to make the interior a bit nicer of a place to be. They are made out of some fancy plastic that is lighter than regular perpex yet retains strength.??!!

stew
27-10-2006, 13:46
are they just a flat peice of perspex then, with a hole for the lever?

would love to see some pics when u get them.

if they are as i think they are, then i may well get some.

pat_986
27-10-2006, 14:28
Must be like this.........just perspex

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/pat_986/DSC00321.jpg

midge
27-10-2006, 15:13
i was just about to post that pic, thats my car, took the alloy off the other day and cut the frames out.
Its all Martins fault.

pat_986
27-10-2006, 16:49
i was just about to post that pic, thats my car, took the alloy off the other day and cut the frames out.
Its all Martins fault.

LOL, I was trying to think you had it know! I new the car when George had it.......How you finding it?

nyk
27-10-2006, 22:15
Its exactly like that but in perspex an you can have any colour you wish. they showed me one but it wouldnt fit my car as was for somethin else. They are making mine up for me and should have them in about 2 weeks. But they wont be fitted to the car till the new year.

Daz.
27-10-2006, 23:35
wouldn't the perspex bit heavier than a standard door card though? it aint that light when you start getting big chunks of the stuff

nyk
27-10-2006, 23:39
I'm told by these guys it is, dont forget about removing your window motors and mechanism as well. Well i am anyway.

Apparently it is lightweight yet durable, used by many race/rally cars.

They told me some fangled name of it but being a blonde my memory aint that good for information like that!! LOL

Martin
28-10-2006, 08:40
Its all Martins fault.

lol..muhahaha 8)

Coops
28-10-2006, 09:04
i'm wuth martin now, why have doorcards when you can have none?!

am even encouraging the rust, nurturing it to eat a few more grams of metal off my shell! :twisted: :wink:

stew
28-10-2006, 10:46
i hate it when you see all the water inside the door, thanks to the polycarbs. i want something to cover it so it looks a bit nicer. imo door cards dont weigh fook all, but the OE ones look naff on a track car.

mite give them a ring next week and see what they can do for me. nyk can u PM me ur details, so i can refer to you when ordering. :wink:

Lunner
28-10-2006, 14:08
Just make them DIY, alot cheaper

MatBrown
28-10-2006, 14:43
Yeah, i can get hold of any plastic/perspex.

Mat.

nyk
31-10-2006, 13:21
Stew, details below - I dealt with a guy called Paul Davenport

Renault clio Mk1 window kit (Meets or exceeds current MSA / FIA specifications)

*Kit contains all windows except for the front screen ( Available sepaertly @ £270.00 + VAT)
*Rear screens are a fully moulded item, Pattern moulded for an accurate fit ( We can supply this kit with just a flat rear screen as a budget option)

4mm clear FLEXIGLASS @ £200.00 (£235.00 (inc VAT)
4mm clear POLYCARBONATE @ £250.00 (£293.00 inc VAT)
4mm bronze or grey POLYCARBONATE @ £270.00 (£317.25 inc VAT)
4mm clear LEXAN MARGARD POLYCARBONATE @ £470.00 (£400.00 inc VAT)

Slider Kits @ £28.50 per door and are fully installed

*FLEXIGLASS is a DOT approved safety plastic, available only from Plastics 4 Performance and we consider this to be a good all round material for all forms of motorsport except rallycross

*POLYCARBONATE - We only use genuine MAKROLON or LEXAN UV protected exterior grade materials which have DOT, ANSI and ISO approvals for use as safety plastic and all our polycarbonate kits are 100% polycarbonate, we do not substitute for lower grade materials in thermoformed screens

*LEXAN MARGARD POLYCARBONATE -Abarasion resistant polycarbonate kits, the material has a special hard silicon coating applied to both surfaces to combat scratching, Carries all safety certificates needed and we are proud to say that Plastics 4 Performance are the only suppliers of moulded hardcoat screens in the UK

stew
01-11-2006, 21:04
yeah ive spoken to paul a couple times. i got their 4mm flexiglass.

thanks anyway

Martin
02-11-2006, 09:47
Is it me or have those prices shot up I'm sure I only paid 170/180 for mine 6 months ago.

Dancliovalver
02-11-2006, 19:16
NYK next time you ring them see if you could get some discount for a Group buy/ bulk order as i want some just afetr crimbo

Just an idea 8)

stew
02-11-2006, 20:34
i paid £235 inc delivery to scotland when i got mine. that included the moulded rear screen and slider kits on both sides.

not bad imo.
8)

Chris H
02-11-2006, 20:40
decent price Stew.

the fit good on the rear screen? Most are well wonky

stew
02-11-2006, 20:56
perfect on the rear screen.

was an easy 20min job really.

sliders can be annoying as they leak. its a track car these days so i dont care so much.

should have gone for normal front windows, and got mechanical winders in.

all weight saving i suppose! :twisted: